Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive lost faith in our automatics i keep getting my ass handed to me ... thats why its for sale for the mtx, but about the maxima, they come in mtx and they're alright im sure we can take it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
chillin u? I live in FLorida.. And i was asking $3500, I mean the interior is perfect leather looks great! Just got painted by the owner before me... tranny is perfect no problems. If interested e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks for your interest!
-Chris

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wait a second, I read back in the day that the 95 MTX Maxima did 0 - 60 in 6.6 seconds. I remember that because I think it even got car of the year in 95. I doubt we could beat that. Later on they got heavier, diffrent gear ratios or something and moved those times up to 7.2

·
Registered
26 Posts
Be careful of those maxima's eps the s/c ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey those 4gen's are faster than what people think:eek:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as I read before...

As far as i know, the new ones have about 210 or 220 ponies and has more torque then our car...like 150-180???(I'm not very technicalXO )
So i figure they'll smoke me if I try to race em...since mine is atx with intake and exhaust...

D

·
0 Posts
Maxima vs MX-6

The 2001 Maxima SE is 222 hp @ 6400 rpm and 217 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm. They run 15.9 @ 88.0 in the 1/4. On the local drag my friend and I raced a late model Maxima in his stock 93 MX-6 V6. The Maxima toasted us but we have no way to tell if it was stock or modded.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
guess the Maxima driver was a better driver then b/c the stock quarter time is a 15.7 if memory serves right. If you sit there and spin your tires then that is a bad thing, but reading your other posts it's clear you know that.

Anyways, those Maxima's are not to be trifled with. They are quick, and can get up and go. They are sleepers much like our cars. Those are just better sleepers apparently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts