Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of Nissan Z rims and tires from my uncle who totaled his Z. They are 16in rims with 225-50-16 tires. I put them on my 6 and they look sweet. They stick out only the slightest bit past the wheel wells, and look mean consitering they are over and inch wider than my other tires. I have two problems however that im hoping someone can help with.

1. They seem to rub in the rear, not on the strut brace (I dont think) but on the fender arround hard corners. I can see lines on the tires just past the tread. I have stock springs and poly endlinks. Would probe springs help? How can i tell if its also rubbing the brace?

2. I had to buy new lugnuts for the rims. The seats are recessed round ones instead of tapered like ours. Im not sure if i got the right lugs though. The ones I got seemed too long and bottomed out on the lower seat first. Even with the washer it would happen. I ended up doubleing up the washers so it would bottom on the upper seat first. It seems to work but is this ok to do? The lugs still go on at least 8 turns.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got me eclipse gst "16 rims and they look sweet, but the only problem i encounter was that i needed the eclipse lug nuts to fit the rims in my mx6. So you propably need the Z lug nuts to make them fit in your mx6.

·
Registered
371 Posts
thats something i have considered doing for a while. a friend of mine owns a wrecking yard and it had a 91 mpdel zed. i thought of doing it but was warned by a fellow 6 owner that the pcd spacings may be the same but our cars are front wheel drive so therefore the offsets on the rim are different to a rear drive car. you also have to be careful that your scrub radius and load bearing over the front wheels are in check. in sum cases you can snap the studs off the wheels because theres too much load on the wrong part of the wheel. its hard 2 explain to extreme detail but you might wanna check with a tire shop and they will be able to explain scrub radius and offsets. but if they ok it let me know.
also be sure to check ya brake caliper and rotor clearances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts