Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, no more messing around, I know they don't make superchargers for the LX, and I'm sick of people telling us LX owners that we can't strap on a turbo and play with the big kids :). So, my question is, what about nitrous? I know NOS makes a nitrous dry kit for the 1st gen. and I'd be really pissed off if it was only for the GT but I hope it isn't. Does anyone know if a nitrous system has been SUCCESSFULLY put into a 1st gen? I'd like to know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I havent heard of anyone doing it, but I dont see why there would be a problem. Actually. I'm really interested to see how it would perform.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wouldint mind trying this myself But im sure Their wouldint be a problem with this. Maybe try calling your local performance shop Or the place you are able to get NITROUS from Im sure they will tell u

·
Registered
411 Posts
Remember... Nitrous is explosive...

Any of you guys built the crap out your engines yet? I didn't think so... Can someone who's fooled around with nitrous and lost provide some advice?

It's frighteningly similar to steroids. The gratifcation is immediate and profound, however, very short lived and the aftermath is hideous.

If you guys plan to hang on to your cars and even if you don't but would like any prospective purchaser to be able to drive it away, either forget the nitrous option or build the crap out of your engines first. Nitrous will destroy your car! And, I would never consider or recommend that nitrous be introduced into anything turbo charged.

Take it or leave it, that'd be my advice to you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would disagree to that remark Nitrous is good if u install it corectly and know how to drive it. Same with the turbo's etc. If u know what u are doing then it will last.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Turbobink is right you mess with nitrous with a small engine or weak engine your gonna blow it up, happened to me with a honda, what a mess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts