Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my headlights do not work. my parking lights work but no high or low beams. they were working the other day. i have checked all the fuses in the fuse box. i have no power going to the headlight plug. there is power coming out of the switch tho. is there something in between the switch and headlights like a relay or something?

G

·
realruffryder said:
my headlights do not work. my parking lights work but no high or low beams. they were working the other day. i have checked all the fuses in the fuse box. i have no power going to the headlight plug. there is power coming out of the switch tho. is there something in between the switch and headlights like a relay or something?

There should be a relay for the headlights, a quick scan of my manual didn't show its location, I'll look for it in a bit.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
90-92's have a headlight relay, but it is only used when the security system wants to flash the lights. Normally, power to the headlights travels directly through the switch. Not sure about 88-89s though. The wiring differs.

Also, check the fuses in the fusebox under the hood in addition to the ones under the dash. An 88-89 factory manual would tell the whole story.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 92 lx. there is power on the red/black wire that plugs into the switch. that wire runs to the headlights but there is no power at the headlights. i dont think its the switch.

G

·
realruffryder said:
its a 92 lx. there is power on the red/black wire that plugs into the switch. that wire runs to the headlights but there is no power at the headlights. i dont think its the switch.
Check to see if your getting a good ground.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
grounds are good. everything is grounded also.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Is the wiring harness (X-05) plugged into the joint box under the driver's dash? I know you were messing around with the wiring harnesses under the dash so that's my best guess.

If you have +12v at the Red/black wire when the switch is turned on, X-05 is plugged into the joint box, and the lights are grounded (ground point 2 on the schematic below, located on the radiator support) then you should have lights. Make sure the bulbs aren't burnt out. Check that ground point again.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill check that.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there is a connector by the fuse box in the driver side floor board that was not completely connected. when i was going to swap the side harness i disconnected all the connectors down there and didnt connect that one all the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts