Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..
so today i ddecided to change my rear calipers because my were old and busted..
so i replace everything bleed the brakes everything is working great car runs. yada yada. \

i go to test out the new springs i put in the front and the new brakes... and i cant reverse out of my driveway cuz i have no brakes... not no back brakes just simply no brakes at all. whats werid is that i did not touch the front brakes only the rears and it just does not work.

im really baffled as everything else went smoothly... if anyone has some help i am in urgent need since i need to get back to school tmo night.

if you have any suggestions they would greatly appreciated and karma for good suggestions.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Bleed everything, starting with the caliper furthest from the master cylinder and work towards it.

This is assuming that you don't have a leak somewhere. When you replaced the struts/springs are you sure you didn't twist/bend the brake lines and cause a leak? Are you losing brake fluid at all?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
You will want to readjust the piston in the caliper. They do not auto adjust like old school brakes. You will need to pull the bolt on the back side of the piston to access the allen key which when turned will push/pull the piston which will set brakes to the correct tension.

Take a look at one of my previous posts regarding this issue.

link

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i got her working.

interesting comment on the readajusting the rear brakes... i thought they would auot adjust. when i put em on they seemed like a perfect fit but idk... (and this is only for the rear correct)

it turns out after some digging that air had somehow completelyinfultrated the system between the caliper and the master... basically air was in the center of the car... so before when i bled the system and it seemed to be good (aka no air coming out) there was actually air in there.. it was really strange.. i had to bleed each caliper a lot and use alot of brake fluid but in the end it works again which is good lol...

next problem is replacing the front pads and rotors everything is so tight and not coming loose... and that allen key in the front calipers is a werid size...
any suggestions on loosing the caliper brackte bolts?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
interesting comment on the readajusting the rear brakes... i thought they would auot adjust. when i put em on they seemed like a perfect fit but idk... (and this is only for the rear correct)
Yes, the allen adjustment of the piston is only on the rear calipers. :tup:

It could be they are a perfect fit without any adjustment but the 3 times I've had to mess with the rear calipers they required adjustment every time for the ebrake to function correctly.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good to know cuz my ebrake is messed up right now ... i seemed to have broken a copnnection in the line or the line itself as the ebrakes is completely loose now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts