Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around to changing my fuel filter tonight.. Just been way to lazy to do it lately. But with gas at like a buck fifty I decided to try it out.. And lo and behold it no longer bucks at almost every shift and let out a small puff of black smoke either.. I was getting horrible gas mileage.. About 100 miles to half a tank.. LOL Now I will see how well it does.. And see if it runs better.. Also when I took the fuel filter out and I blew through it, there was alot of hesitation and then some gas blew out.. So I think I have it figured out.. Now I just need to wait till spring to fix the oil seal leak around the oil pump.. LOL Too damn cold here in Michigan to be working outside this time of year...:cool:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
PSTLNC said:
I finally got around to changing my fuel filter tonight.. Just been way to lazy to do it lately. But with gas at like a buck fifty I decided to try it out.. And lo and behold it no longer bucks at almost every shift and let out a small puff of black smoke either..
I was getting horrible gas mileage.. About 100 miles to half a tank..

Hey PSTLNC;
Being lazy can cost ya good hard earned $.
You must not be getting more than 20mpg. I'd spend a little more time and money on a complete tune-up. A fresh set of plugs and an air filter would pay for itself in no time ! Maybe even some injector cleaner ?
Don't let your car suck up gas, while you suck up beer watching the tube on your lazy boy a$$. Hah,ha .......!

·
Registered
737 Posts
RELAX

Everyone doesn't need to judge. It's damn cold here,(MI) and sometimes the agravation is worth a few dollars. PSTLNC is not a dumb ass, he knows if the leak is getting that bad that it needs to be fixed. But, like I said the few dollars in fuel is worth it to some than to do something soo simple, but agravating. Just my $.02

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually...

It took me a while to actually diagnose the problem... Since I have a leaky gas tank over 3/4 full.. And I thought that the crack in the Thottle Body boot was the problem with the car bucking.. But it was the fuel filter.. And working the strange ass hours that I do means that most part stores are not open when I goto work or after I get out... The benefit of working retail ya know... Also the oil leak is bad, and I know where it is coming from.. I figure as long as there is oil in the car, I will keep paying the extra money for oil till it warms up this spring to put the new oil pump, water pump and all that stuff back on... And thanks Dave... Michigan sucks a$$ to work on cars in the winter unless you own a heated garage, which I do not, and have a lift.. Coz laying on the cold pavement is not good for your body at all either.... So I am not really a lazzy A$$, its just that I have not had the time to really work on my cars..... And yes the LX is still waiting for her heart transplant.. I got everything I need except for my billeted flywheel and ACT 4 puck clutch.. Need fundage for that...:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts