Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I lined up 3 times beside other Mazdas. First it was a 1st gen RX-7, then it was another MX-6, and then it was an MX-3. Both the RX-7 and MX-3 had mazdaspeed stickers. But none of them wanted to race! I was so disappointed... I thought for sure they'd wanna go. I can't seem to get any action these days.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not that many people want to race stock cars. Why waste fuel, tires, and nitrous/boost on racing against something that you've probably beaten a couple times before? Mod it up and they'll come.

G

·
first off you shouldnt even try racing a rx-7 youll just flat out get killed. those mx3's are a waste of space and money but gotta love mazdas. next time rev your engine until they want to race.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
There a guy on PT with a MX3 V6, with some mods, nothing major. that runs 16's! not that great of a time but still. they can run fast after some mods.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Remsmx6 said:
first off you shouldnt even try racing a rx-7 youll just flat out get killed.
he said 1st gen... do you get killed by first gens???LOL

·
Registered
666 Posts
The day a first gen RX-7 beats me, I'll only have been running on 2 cylinders, backwards.
I know how you feel, sometimes people wanna race, and sometimes they don't.
Don't give up! :D
You'll get your chance to smoke someone one of these days. I've been looking for a race all week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll Race You!
Hey, I have the Black MX6 at the University! Now, take into account mines only a 4-Cyl!! However, i always wondered just how it would do against a 6cyl! I've never actually seen how fast a 6-Cyl could go! I'm going to wait until I get my new Rims. (17"/8" Konig Villians) And My exaust......but after that we'll have a go! ACTUALLY!!!! How bought we race NOW that way i'll be able to tell how much a difference a new Filter, Exaust, improve my performance. I know I'll get killed by you but.....it'll just be a good time!
Do you have an Auto or Manual? Mines a Standered if that changes things at all! Later,

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll could beat a stock 1st gen rx7 shifting 1, 3, and 5!! hahah

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
actually, ive seen first gens with the 13BTT dropped in...scary...

and the reason those cars didnt race you is because you woulda spanked em... MX-3s have what? 98 HP or something like that. the 12A??? im not sure...

·
Registered
666 Posts
1st gens, I wouldn't screw with a 3rd gen, I think it is. The first gens were cool for their day, but, by todays standards they're pretty weak. And yeah, if you put nitrous, or do an engine swap or whatever, it's a different story. I'm talking about stock though.
And I'll race anybody, any day. I may lose really bad, but, in that case, I'll at least get to see a really fast car going fast, and that's almost as good as winning.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My friend owns a second generation rx7 stock stick and he got beat by about 2 car lenghts to a new celica 4cl auto

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
iLyK2EaTCiViCs said:
YOu guys must have some slow ass RX7s in your city.
theres slow ass rx-7s in every city...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Here's the specs on the 1st gen. rx7:

From Feb. 1984 Motor Trend article on GSL-SE:

0 - 60 accel: 7.96 sec.
1/4 mile accel: 16.06 sec @ 85.1 mph
60 - 0 braking: 135 ft

The 13B motor (largest) in 84-85 puts out 135/133 HP/ft-lb respectively.

If stock vs. stock, then our car has a slight advantage with mid 7's (0-60 mph) time. The new celica gts gives you:

0 - 60 Acceleration (sec): 7.3
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 15.7 @ 89.8
60 - 0 Braking (ft): 111

In stock form, neither the mx-6 ls or the 1st gen rx7 can hang with the new gts. When I test drove the gts, I was very impressed with the powerband at high RPMs. I immediately test drove the type-r afterward and noticed that it felt only slight faster than the gts. Noise wise, the the type-r was very loud.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah but thats the GSL-SE... isnt that the fastest model of the 1st gens? what do the other models do?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Of course there are slow Rx7s in the street, mostly daily driver cars but im talking about the ones that go out to the races.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts