Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no pre-out at my radio can I connect an amplifier to it or no?
They say in the manual that I can't connect an amplifier to the output for the speakers so that's not an option.

·
Registered
886 Posts
You can still install an amp if you wish, just choose one with "speaker level inputs", which allow you to connect the speakers directly to the amp.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah you can connect the amp with the speaker level inputs. That means that you connect your orignial speakers wires directly to the amp, and from their you connect additional wires from the amp to the speakers.

You can also buy a eq with a preout that mounts in the dash or in the trunk (better choice) - if you are powering sub(s) with your amp this is the way to go, since it will allow you to run all the speakers in your car instead of sacrificing any in order to satisfy the speaker level input configuration.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Or...... You can buy a line level converter for like 30 bucks and run your inputs into that if your amp only has RCA jacks..... because most nice amps only have RCA jacks...... and then you just plug it all in and it works like a dream..... and your system is a total sleeper...... hehe

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts