Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Website Analysis Results

"Link" value of over 192k

My help desk guy owned wiipals.net and sold it for 15k cash a few months ago, the sites worth is over 350k.

I hope Sean got at least that much :)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome!!

Most users ever online was 87, 10-20-2008 at 08:54 PM.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Those figures are grossly inflated. There arent businesses big enough to justify $100k+ buyouts of car enthusiast sites. We hardly ever even broke even on our ad revenues. I am sure that Autoforums is making a decent profit since they are large enough to benefit from some economies of scale. But even with them at the helm, I would be surprised if the site was worth that much.
They paid me enough to cover almost 80% of the money I lost running the site over the years. I figure I am still a few grand upside down. :)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
The thing is - those losses were due to your commitment to not going the ad-way.

If we were to become an ad-circus anyway, i'd rather it had done so under your watch, and the revenue go to you - people would have understood...

now the work involved is another story, so the above point is probably moot.

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
If we were to become an ad-circus anyway, i'd rather it had done so under your watch, and the revenue go to you - people would have understood..
I agree 100%, I honestly hate that my donations are going to a business, in that case, it's not a donation, it's a fee.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
It takes some serious effort to bring on that many sponsors, tho. They are able to do it because they have dedicated, full-time sales people and they can offer advertising on LOTS of sites. I really could only approach companies that specialized in the MX6 and didnt have a lot of time to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts