Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

My 6 is making noise as tho I have special exhaust but the thing is, I have a factory everything!! I just noticed it in last few days and it's getting louder and louder. It sound like it's coming from right rear tire area and it gets louder if i step on the gas... Does anyone know what it could be?:confused:

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
what happens to the borla when you dont tighten the bolts all the way?

check bolts, welds, seams... inspect it visually.

or you can try to start it and then *look* and listen for an exhaust leak... if thats what it is.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Stage36 said:
what happens to the borla when you dont tighten the bolts all the way?

check bolts, welds, seams... inspect it visually.

or you can try to start it and then *look* and listen for an exhaust leak... if thats what it is.
it is not for me it is for the member dual, my exhaust is fine, gotta love it!!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
integrale4wd said:

it is not for me it is for the member dual, my exhaust is fine, gotta love it!!!
yeah... i know...

the question was for you, the suggestions were for dual...

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have an impact drill so I don't know what happens when the bolts aren't tighten ;)...i would assume that it would fall off...lol

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
LOL... true, but before it did, it would probably make the noise that dual is having problems with right?

that would realy suck if your $500 borla fell off...

G

·
LOL... true, but before it did, it would probably make the noise that dual is having problems with right?

that would realy suck if your $500 borla fell off...

ha ha, lemme tell you what happens when your cat back exaust system falls off. I have a jeep cherokee and one time i decided to put a test pipe in it cause the cat was clogged. Ok, so i didnt tighten down the bolts enough and had a little accident why 4-wheeling. I was jammin through a mud bog when all the sudden the exaust got like 3 times louder. Once on tera firma, i checked underneath and what a shock! the test pipe was GONE and the rest of the exaust was wrapped around my rear axle!!!! I had to tie a tow rope to the muffler and have my friend yank it out. It the process of yanking it out, i took out the right rear shock as well. So, TIGHTEN THOSE BOLTS!!!

Erik

1 - 8 of 8 Posts