Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to have my cam belt replaced by Mazda after 30K, only because the car was off the road for so long. Turns out the old belt was just fine but now the bearings on the pulley are very noisy. Mazda have replaced the bearings, or at least they say they have but it is still noisy.

As anyone come across this before and how did they cure the problem

TIA.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I had a bearing like noise in my last six and it turned out to be the tenshoner pully for power steering and water pump. the bearing had gone and it was rubbing on its own support.

Just another thing to check.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i had that too, i just went trigger happy with some dura lube spray (just like WD40) and my engine is SILENT... and I MEAN SILENT!

try it, cant hurt :)
L8R
Nick

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey my car might have that problem. likke when its most and i start it up i hear it sweek.the problem continus till 2 thou rmp then its quiet.i just got the belts replaced and the water pump.i have a 95 lx with 77 thousand miles.i thought what the hell when i get some time u know. but now the engin lights on and its lurching till 2k rmp.its good on the highway no light or anything.tell me whats up.i think the dumb asses at the jacksonville exon ut them on to loose.well see

·
Registered
257 Posts
yeah, they're prolly too loose. take it back and have em adjust the tensioner.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Belt Tensioner

I too had belt noise and had my power stearing belt tensioner replaced, with new belts too of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts