Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for you guy with non chippable ECUs (such as F2H3 and F2H5) there is now a way that will *possibly* allow them to be chipped...

i have spoken with Woo (Barry) about it and he is willing to attempt the mod on somebody's ECU...as my car is used for business purposes (eg, I need it almost every day) I do not have the time nor is it convenient for me to send my ECU down to Barry in Melbourne (I'm in Canberra) for a trial, especially since I can't get my hands on another matching ECU anyway (I have a F2H5 from memory)...

Barry is willing to try and chip somebody's ECU for $300...however, you need to note the following:

1) there is a chance that it won't work, cost for his time in trying will then be $50 (so you will get $250 back)...
2) if it doesn't work, then there is also another chance that it is irreversible (eg, you will have to find another matching ECU for your car to run)...
3) if it does work, Barry will test the outputs on the ECU as best as he can to determine if they are within spec...if so, things should be good...however, refer to point 4...
4) if it does work, you will need to be very careful and get it dyno-tested to make sure it doesn't run lean, etc

all other stuff regarding this "modchip" is exactly the same as the normal chippable ECUs...

so, who is willing to give it a go? :)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
im getting a second ecu next week as a spare to try and see if thats the cause of all my probs if it is he can try on my current one no probs...and if i do get the other ecu Im only like 5 mins up the road from him so can drop it off and bring my car around and shit whenever he needs it...only probs is the ecu is costing mew like 150 so ill be short of cash for the following few weeks after that so probably wont be able to have the money to pay until a few weeks after.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well being close to him is a big advantage...that would save a lot of time for you and you would fine out the result pretty quickly!

get some money together and go ahead with it...but whoever has the money first and wants to give it a go can -first in, best dressed (or something like that)! :)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
yeah of course we (all the guys with currentlyunchipable ecu's) shoudl just buy and ecu and pay the cost of barry to do it (woudl come to liek 30 each)..then we coudl use that as a test one and then get our own for ourselves *lol* but naa Im definately getting the ecu one way or another..either off the guys here or at the wreckers..so ill be able to give it to barry to let him have a shot...blue do we have to go through you with this?/ I.e have you organised it specifically through barry or can we contact him ourselves??

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have organised it personally however due to my work commitments and the fact that i am trying to help others in the same boat as me i am bringing this out in the open...

i would have already sent my ECU and had it done if:

1) i could go without my car for 4 days or so,
and
2) i could easily get a spare ECU in case things go wrong...

so, whoever wants to go ahead with this just needs to tell me...things can then go from there! :)

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Barry can have mine. I will contact him directly in regards to this. Unless you want me to go through you Bluey.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problems. You can contact him. He has the details I provided to him so just mention that I told you! :)

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
sounds good guys !

is it only the two ecu's un woochipable ? the F2H3 and F2H5 ?

i cant remember which ecu my car has lol... its a 1990 model..

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will either work on all or none of them...same design (eg, eprom or not)...eg, if a F2H3 works then there should be no reason why a F2H5 or anything else can't work as well...

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well heres hoping it works out! Go bazza!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
bluedraco said:
i have organised it personally however due to my work commitments and the fact that i am trying to help others in the same boat as me i am bringing this out in the open...

i would have already sent my ECU and had it done if:

1) i could go without my car for 4 days or so,
and
2) i could easily get a spare ECU in case things go wrong...

so, whoever wants to go ahead with this just needs to tell me...things can then go from there! :)
...two pretty big if's....

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
GotF2TinGD said:
sounds good guys !

is it only the two ecu's un woochipable ? the F2H3 and F2H5 ?

i cant remember which ecu my car has lol... its a 1990 model..

Also F292.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
good stuff sabbai I might try it in mine if it works with yours..but not till Ive sorted out my power problem though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts