Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2 stage OE thermostat from Mazda, the thermostat ONLY COST $17. While I realize that some people would like to save money where they can, the MX6 GT calls SPECIFICALLY for a dual stage thermostat. I had called around numerous places trying to find a dual stage thermostat without ANY LUCK. The standard Autozone, kragen, Parts Plus, Napa= all of those places HAD a thermostat for the MX6.....BUT...it wasnt a DUAL STAGE. So...all arguements and flames aside, those of you who arent in agreeance that the thermostat IS a part that is dealer specific.....where did you get your thermostat, how much did you pay, and ARE YOU SURE...that it is INDEED a dual stage?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I have a dual stage from Mazda. But the obvious question would have to be, why is a dual stage specified & what is the disadvantage of a single stage after the initial warm up period?

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
SixSick6 said:
I recently bought a 2 stage OE thermostat from Mazda, the thermostat ONLY COST $17.
Mine was $12 from the dealership. I bought it there 'cause I couldn't find it anywhere else.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Fine Six, I'll leave out the rest...

When I asked at the mazda dealership what a thermostat would cost, they quoted me somewhere around $30. Not $17, not $12.

So in the end I bought a 180 degree to replace the 180 degree that was in the car for the last year.

And in my opinion, all that other stuff I put in there, was relative.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts