Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i hope this is the right plce to post this question.

STUPID QUESTION
I know this is a stupid question but what happens if you run outa nos ?
Where can you get more?
Can you refill the bottle ?

CAn you go to the local supermarket and get refills just like you can buy parts for handas @ canadian-tire aka Auto Zone for those who don't live in canada. :ewink: lol J/K..

Thanks boys and girls :angel:

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
I know this is a stupid question but what happens if you run outa nos ? Nothing, the car acts like you don't have it.
Where can you get more? The NOSstore, :p (I really don't know)
Can you refill the bottle ? Yes.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
try your local "speed" shops, or if you've got a Schucks/Kraggen type auto store up there. if you see the "Nos" or "NX" logo, you're good to go on getting a fill up.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
NitrousOxide (or Nitrous for short) is the stuff, NOS is the brand. Don't mix these up or you'll get no respect from anyone who matters.
Panther37 said:
I know this is a stupid question but what happens if you run outa nos ? Nothing, the car acts like you don't have it.
Actually no.. it continues adding fuel like you still have some N2O so your car *should* actually be slower because it'll be richer.

·
Registered
499 Posts
quick one

Fastest,, would that only be true for a wet system? I thought dry systems just shot nitrous into the IM. The wet systems actually inject nitrous and fuel into the IM , IF I'm not mistaken ( I have been known to be wrong before)

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
You are correct that a dry system injects extra fuel through the injectors, so I would imagine that even if the N2O bottle were empty (or closed), the system would still inject the extra fuel through the injectors all the same (when the system is armed and triggered).

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
kid_puma said:
thanks dont really care what the correct term is for the substance ha ha ha:wave:
I was going to edit my replies into oblivion but instead I will leave them for others who want to be informed. :sigh:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
agreed with fastest.
I tell people I'm rebuilding my motor for Nitrous and they say
"ooo your putting nos on your car?"
"No, more than likely ZEX or NX"<-(what i'm going with)
Then they look at me like i'm stupid... :shrug:

But Fastest is also right in the fact that it will run richer :) I've been doing my research!

Reactions: Fastest95PGT

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
Define "to much nos". :lol:
More than fits in 2 of the big ones! I also doubt the blowing a piston through the hood thing. Im sure it blew the hood off, but i highly doubt the piston went THROUGH the head then THROUGH the hood.

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
NitrousOxide (or Nitrous for short) is the stuff, NOS is the brand. Don't mix these up or you'll get no respect from anyone who matters.

Actually no.. it continues adding fuel like you still have some N2O so your car *should* actually be slower because it'll be richer.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts