Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just thought I'd book it in early - as diaries will start filling up pretty soon for Christmas events...

I'm planning a bash at my place - November 24th - pencil it in now - this includes NSW/WA/QLD etc - plenty of room at my place for crashing out.

BYO everything - I've got a couple of BBQs so I want to see steaks, shishkebabs, snags, plus the mandatory VB, etc. etc.

Also, who can bring a PS2? Might be fun to have a GT3 shootup (oops shoot-out) - also maybe PCs so we can network up and have some multiple player Need for Speed (is this sad or what! - guess who's addicted to racing sims????)

On one side I've got a sh!tful neighbour so maybe we can have a sound-off just for kicks! Speaking of kick-off - may even include some touch footy (wait a sec' I'm in Melbourne...) aussie rules down the park (let's see you take THAT mark with a stubby in your hand :) )

Bring a generic wrapped gift worth $15 for Kris Kringle. Partners welcome - sorry no kids (hehehe)

Kick-off at 3:30pm I'd reckon. Let me know if you're IN!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Alright ! Let's trash Ric's house !! he he ! @- @-
(joking !)

IN......sounds like a great day. Thanks for the idea/offer Ric.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Much to my amazement ...I was just telling my Mrs. MX6 about the party Ric and she flipped!! She reckons I would be "Awesome"
So I guess I'm in!!
I'll have to work out the cost of fuel, accommodation etc, but I think we will drive over !!! This is going to be 'Cool ' I've always {and I think she has to} wonted to see the Nullarbor...
How much Petrol do you think I’ll use?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I will definately come. Maybe we can have street drags (just joking)!

We can finally end the dispute 1st versus 2nd gen.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe...

MR MX it would be AWESOME if you guys came over! Treat you to some (drawled....) "good ole fashioned southern hospitality" !!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks like this might be our "new club's" first national meeting.

Ric WHAT HAVE YOU GONE AND DONE???

Hey Pete Silver are you up for it?

Ric. Do you know all the current contributors/voters here currently?

4WSB

G

·
I'm in - as for the sound off - i may have a second 15 in the car by them - lets break some glass!!

street drags - maybe a little dangerous - how about burnouts and singing blow off valves with maybe musical horns?? LOL

I'm in - come on first gens!!! we must take over! for god and for country!

oh and PS2 - how about ps1 aswell - everyone bring your memory cards for a tournament

this sounds good.....very good :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in - as for the sound off - i may have a second 15 in the car by them - lets break some glass!!
Even if you have to be towed!!! :) :)

Steve, I think I know most everyone who's a regular contributor... There's a bunch in the forum that lurk or who haven't been online for a while that I don't really know.

This is shaping up nicely!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can we have a show of hands for this please???

We can tie this in with the initial Annual General Meeting - see my other post on Steves thread - hit the Ferrari shop down the road, have a Mazda rep, get fries with that, etc.etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry Ric,

I won't be able to come down .. the 4 days of driving will be a bit much. :)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
. MX6 Hi peoples can anyone tell me if there is any ‘cheep’ accommodation near Rices place (back packers, motel what ever!, we will only be their a couple of days} It’s just that if I’m going to make this work {what with the cost of petrol and all} I’m going to have to scrimp on the accommodation!!
And further more does any one have an idea how long and how much petrol I will take?
We really want to come but the pennies are tight, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.
Mr. MX6

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
there is a place my way that has $49 per night per person......but thats in dandenong, not sure where rick is...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glen Iris (where I live) is 15 minutes up the freeway from Dandenong.

Not sure how many K's it is between Melb and Perth PK... maybe there's some online resource for this...?

G

·
I know we (my work) have caravans brought over from perth via trucking - that takes about 2.5 Days - now being realistic - you should be able to do the drive in about 3 to 4 days - depending how hardcore you are - I think it is around 2000-2500kms... Melb to adelaide is around 6 or 7 hundred.

Don't hold me to this - check ur maps, and measure it out - allow for bad weather etc

·
Registered
233 Posts
No offence. but I love the typo MR.MX ie "RICES place".

Maybe not now but with that Magnaflow muffler on Rics car it may well be very "ricey".

Honestly, no offence Mr. I do it al the time.

4WSB:D

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Rice Ric what’s the difference?
Boy Ah! Soo ! Me likey very much go fast sticker, sporty la!, loud exhaust, big stereo and fluoro painted wing mirrors and window wipers, For this buzz box.
Or……
Mature upstanding family man, only discreet performance increasing mods for this classy car.
How’s How ?? I can’t remember ??

So you found a Buyer for your muffler did ya!
Cool!
You must think I’m very thin skinned or something. It doesn’t bother me at all …
BTW you are off the Christmas card list!!
Mr. MX6

1 - 17 of 17 Posts