Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, haven't had my 6 long, and just started to do a little interior custom work, and thought i'd share it all with you.

Ok so here's the story, i bought my 6 with the stock cd + tape player, which drove me nuts cause it didn't work properly, so i replaced it with my pioneer DEH 9650, mad head unit, sounds awesome even with the stock speakers, so anyway, i've got this spare din space thats driving me insane, i had a go at fabricating a panel for the time being from aluminium, which looked great, but i new i wanted to put a more practical something in there... after searching high and low for some sort of reasonably priced CD holder, i found nothing, and in the end decided to simply chuck a universal pocket in there and be done with it. So i drive down to Super Cheap Auto (just an auto store here in Aus), and pick up a cheap pocket, but, just before i leave i notice that spray paint is on special... having nothing on the agenda tonight i decide to pick up some silver and some clear spray, to perfectly match my Head unit. :D.

The paints i used.

The horrible empty space...

The Din pocket, which i am quite pleased with. I used electrical tape and newspaper to make sure the paint only got on the outside.

So because i was so happy with how the pocket turned out, and i had so much left over paint, i looked around for something else in my interior i could paint, without going overboard...

Perfect!!

Gave it a quick sand so the paint would ahere properly, a couple of quick coats and voila:

Before the clear coat.

After the clear. I'm very pleased with how all this turned out, currently waiting for the paint to dry before i put it in the car, i'm hoping it will add a small unique touch to my interior without going overboard, i'll post pics when it's all in the car.

Still got some paint leftover though, ideas anyone?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
here ya go :) :tup:

yadkci said:
Hey all, haven't had my 6 long, and just started to do a little interior custom work, and thought i'd share it all with you.

Ok so here's the story, i bought my 6 with the stock cd + tape player, which drove me nuts cause it didn't work properly, so i replaced it with my pioneer DEH 9650, mad head unit, sounds awesome even with the stock speakers, so anyway, i've got this spare din space thats driving me insane, i had a go at fabricating a panel for the time being from aluminium, which looked great, but i new i wanted to put a more practical something in there... after searching high and low for some sort of reasonably priced CD holder, i found nothing, and in the end decided to simply chuck a universal pocket in there and be done with it. So i drive down to Super Cheap Auto (just an auto store here in Aus), and pick up a cheap pocket, but, just before i leave i notice that spray paint is on special... having nothing on the agenda tonight i decide to pick up some silver and some clear spray, to perfectly match my Head unit. :D.

The paints i used.

The horrible empty space...

The Din pocket, which i am quite pleased with. I used electrical tape and newspaper to make sure the paint only got on the outside.

So because i was so happy with how the pocket turned out, and i had so much left over paint, i looked around for something else in my interior i could paint, without going overboard...

Perfect!!

Gave it a quick sand so the paint would ahere properly, a couple of quick coats and voila:

Before the clear coat.

After the clear. I'm very pleased with how all this turned out, currently waiting for the paint to dry before i put it in the car, i'm hoping it will add a small unique touch to my interior without going overboard, i'll post pics when it's all in the car.

Still got some paint leftover though, ideas anyone?? :confused:

Reactions: yadkci

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
haha true. im hesitant to have even drunk people in there. if someone needs to :Vand theyre in the back seat....and the person in the front seat is incapable of moving themselves, let alone undoing the seat release catch to let out the even more smashed people in the back, its a tricky situation. yes personal exp.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
wow thats white...

i am goin to paint the dash cover ( people paint it all the time) but i want to spray it the same color as my out side of car (red) i think im sprayin the ashtray flip out 2... as well the cup holder. The Red clear coated with azteck gold pearl( came in today at napa.. so im pickin it up tomorrow) im gettin it sprayed on friday!! pics soon to come! my painter has a Digi camera A+

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KING6 said:
yeah, and you can put your weed in there.

i woulda left it black, it looked fine.

My opinion, you shouldnt have to make your car match your accessories. I would of got a head unit that was black:shrug:
My car is silver, so i guess i'm on the right track huh?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
koisuruusagi said:
take that!
I can top that.. lol
These are just the silver parts, red not shown ;)

Otherwise not to thread hijak or anything, but your suff looks good so far, but i would suggest either doing it all or none, becase personally i think diffrent color parts are kinda tacky.

Looks great for a start though:tup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts