Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, for some reason my o/d off light sometimes flashes. If I don't use my overdrive button for like two weeks it goes away, but then for no reason sometimes, it just starts flashing. I have a 95 automatic mx6, and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. oh. and does anyone know what type of paint and where I can get paint to paint my dash? thanks.

[Edited by spencer_mx6 on 11-16-2000 at 11:19 PM]

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm kind of interested in this as well, a friend of mine has a 95 626 and the same thing started happening to hers. The shop told her that her tranny was going out. Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sorry, don't know about the Over Drive but as far as painting the dash... I used a couple of coats of regular acrylic spray paint and a couple of coats or clearcoat. it's actually really easy, but it takes time if you wanna do it right. I should post instructions up on my site. a lot of people have ben asking me that lately.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A service tech told me that if the o/d light is blinking it means that something in the tranny is out of spec. Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
READ!!!

READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, I know exactly what this means. It means the sensors on your auto trans are getting screwy and prevent the car from shifting gears properly. If you take it in now, theres a good chance it can all be fixed for a reasonable price. I didn't take mine in and the transmission gave out after a few months. Stupid me, the mechanic priced me at 1700 to fix the whole thing. Mazda says if I would have taken it in at the very begining, they could have fixed the sensors before the sensores FIXED my transmission. GET IT FIXED ASAP!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts