Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic ha sbeen talked about alotm but i have a few specific questions

I jsut had a rear brake job (rotors pas etc... 355$ CAN)

I asked him to scan the codes (wow 35$!!) and he said that atleast one of my sensors were gone... He couldnt tell me which one it was..
His prices for the sensors were 225, and 180 CAN... i thought it was a bit high...

How come he couldnt tell which one is bad, i thought the codes said if it was the front of the back sensor... SHould i buy the parts from carparts.com
"BOSCH OXYGEN SENSOR-OE, O2 Sensor Located In F Or R Manifold/Exh Pipe, "

and give them to him to install, because $64 US is alot cheaper then 200CAN!

whats the best thign for me to do?

-jordan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Front or back?? Our cars (1st gen) only have 1 O2 sensor. But anyway, you can replace it very easily. Just get the Bosch universal and cut the wire on your old one to crimp onto the universal. Works just like an OEM unit, but much much cheaper. There is a special tool made for getting the sensor out (basically a socket with a slit up the side for the wire), but you should be able to get it with a wrench.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, its cool. If I were you I'd just replace both at the same time. I know at the local parts store around here you can get the Bosch universal for around $25-$30 a piece, not sure what is in your area. In fact, replacing these at specified intervals is recommended in the manual anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts