Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic ha sbeen talked about alotm but i have a few specific questions

I jsut had a rear brake job (rotors pas etc... 355$ CAN)

I asked him to scan the codes (wow 35$!!) and he said that atleast one of my sensors were gone... He couldnt tell me which one it was..
His prices for the sensors were 225, and 180 CAN... i thought it was a bit high...

How come he couldnt tell which one is bad, i thought the codes said if it was the front of the back sensor... SHould i buy the parts from carparts.com
"BOSCH OXYGEN SENSOR-OE, O2 Sensor Located In F Or R Manifold/Exh Pipe, "

and give them to him to install, because $64 US is alot cheaper then 200CAN!

whats the best thign for me to do?

-jordan

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went ahead and replaced both 65us a pieace from
carparts.com. No more check engine light.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The codes do indicate if it was the front or rear sensor. That makes me wonder if he really pulled the codes. Does your check engine light come on at any point during driving? If you have a 93-94 got to scpoc.com and under the maintenance section get the codes and instructions to pull your codes. You can do this with a paper clip. If you do have a bad sensor, then I would go with the carparts Bosch sensor and replace both. Just beware as Carparts sometimes has some slow service and bad customer support, but they do have great prices. Your car will not fall apart if you have to wait for the sensors. I order lots of stuff from them personally, but they don't always show up that quick. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts