Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What adverse effects should I expect if I neglect this maintenance. (Aside from the periodic CEL)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that the worst of it? I mean what if I just DON'T replace it....EVER (theoretically, of course)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
BOWDWN2MX6 said:
Is that the worst of it? I mean what if I just DON'T replace it....EVER (theoretically, of course)
why dont you want to replace them. they cost about 120 bucks and it is a DIY job.

with the price of gas like it is now i am chaning mine soon. $1.77 in Eden NC. later

G

·
Actually it will run rich. When the O2 sensor looses fucntion the ECU goes into a closed loop program and uses a fixed proportion of fuel to air. You will have worse gas milage. You may (or may not) have increased emmisions and risk failing the test at 2500 rpm. Idle speed does not use O2 sensor... there's a different map for that.

G

·
what things do control idle speeds, cause I have a really rough idle and I replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires, it has 98k on it, 4 cyl, MTX, regular maint done. I think I need to replace the TPS and EGR, but not sure yet...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts