Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how often should i replace the o2 sensors and how much does it usually cost?? what happens f u don replace them when u should?? my car is a 93 ls and it has 70,000 miles on it, but i just bought it at 66,000 ND Have no idea if the guy did this or not.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hi,

The O2 sensors should be replaced every 60,000 miles from what I have heard. Some last long and others don't. On our cars, they last between 60,000-90,000 miles. I just got them replaced it costed me 250 for both of them. If you know that you need your O2 sensors, it is best to change them before you have an inspection. Also 02 sensors can lead to pre-mature failure of the catalytic converter. It will also help your car run more effiently and also you will get a little better gas mileage.

Anthony

·
Registered
483 Posts
jr is right.

the reason mine were so expensive was that they are the direct fit...with the wires on both of them. Instead of splicing and soldering the wires and all that garbage.

Anthony

·
Registered
483 Posts
hey junior,

the $75 O2 sensors believe me are the universal ones. you will see they cost 120-130 for the mx-6 or the 626. Also bosch makes the direct fit and the universal. I don't trust wires especially when exposed.

Anthony

·
Registered
236 Posts
You've only got one O2 sensor to replace since you've got a 93.

·
Registered
543 Posts
yup. So far, ive lucked out on the 2nd o2 sensor, the rear brake seizing, and the distributor failing(knock on wood!) My car is a 93, but it only has 84,000 miles on it. I did have to replace my rack and pinnion, both cv joints, a blown head gasket, the valve cover seals, and the plug wires twice.

·
Registered
283 Posts
o2 sensors on an mx6 should u be changed every 60,000 - 70,000 i have a 93 mx6 and when the check engiine lights goes on they need to be changed. The car uses more gas when they are bad and the performance is diffrent.

G

·
That Bosche is a direct fit with no splicing whatsoever. I recently replaced one with a Bosche from Autozone. I have a 95 v6 LS.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello,

jorge as your question...bosch makes a direct fit under the name of STANDARD. If you see at car parts.com you will see STANDARD...I had opened up the box and surprisingly it was a bosch O2 sensor with a box from STANDARD...that is why they are soo expensive. it comes with the wire and the adapter too.

Anthony

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey i have a 95 v6 ls and my engine light comes one too.
so do i have to replace one O2 Sensor or both of them??
and is it pretty hard to replace them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts