Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran the diagnostics on my 95 LS V6. I am getting code 15,17,24 as I understand these are just emissions issues and wont caus any perminant damage. I dont have the time or the money to replace them right away, I just wanted to make sure there would be no magor damage. The tutorial sais these will cause bad gas milage, I get 30 miles per gallon as is, I wonder what good gas milege is?

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you are really getting 30 mpg with the v6, you are more than ok. I wouldn't forget about the sensors completely though.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I was getting 27-28 mi/gallon on my 95 LS before replacing the front O2 sensor. I haven't done my mileage since, but it runs better after replacing the sensor.

I bought the Bosch OEM replacement sensor for $64 at AutoZone. It was simple to replace.

Tyson

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
actually a bad O2 sensor will cause rough idling, running rich causing the bad gas mileage and it will eat away at the exhaust and piping... i was once like you and ran for 6 months with a bad O2 sensor until my catalytic converter fell off... the bad emittons were the cause... i'd replace it ASAP...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts