Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first off i'd like to tell you all i appreciate your help, and it's great to go to the forums and actually get advice/assistance. Anyhow, i rented an OBD2 for my 1996 mx-6LS because it was idling funny.

The codes it pulled are:

P0100: Mass of Volume Air Flow Circuit
P0110: Intake Air Temperature Circuit
P0400: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Malfunction
P0510: Closed Throttle Position Switch Malfunction
P1402: EGR Valve Position Sensor Circuit Fault

Could you guys let me know what it is that i should fix and how to do so? I don't want to fix something tiny that doesn't do much that costs $$$, ya know? Just the stuff that actually matters.....Thanks so much for your help!!!!

-Austin

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello Austin

That is plenty of DTCs you've got there. (no kiddin'). Anyhow, If I were you I would start to troubleshoot each and every component of the above mentioned with a multimeter and Haynes manual refference book. Although it's is difficult to say as to what exactly is the problem simply because one above faulty components can trigger an array of consecutive DTCs which may offend other systems. Start with something easily accessible and simple to troubleshoot. Code scanners translate OBD type code/machine code to human language. I believe the rest is done by the brain and work tools.
Cheers

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd reset your ECU and pull the codes again after driving around for a bit as these may be "remembered". If they pop up again then start looking for answers! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts