Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just installed my OBX tunable bomb muffler two days ago. All i can say is.. Awesome!!! You can adjust the flow of your exaust on how much outlet you want. At first i was running with the shutters all the way open, and it sounds like a beast!! but then i realized how raspy it was, so i tried it all the way closed (there is a middle exaust hole also). It sounds so much cleaner and it is awesome as hell. in my opinion it sounds as good, if not better than a greddy exaust. I payed $100 for one off of ebay, and it was totally worth it. Im always gunning my car now just to listen to it roar. It sounds alright at low rpms, but once it hits 3000 and up, it screams!! I noticed an impressive pickup improvement also.

In my opinion, it was 100% worth it and i dont have any regrets at all. Ill probably buy a larger resonator to get rid of that rasp when i run the shutter open. I'll post some sound clips once i get a chance.

Talk to you all later
Justin

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks for the review man...I was thinkin of gettin a cat-back, but i guess it only gives 1-2 HP anyway so its better off just getting an exhaust. Where'd you get the muffler?

·
Registered
99 Posts
what does it sound like

What is the tone? is it deep and cool, or is it like a bumble bee-civic. I want a deep tone. Also, did you get one that was made for the mx-6, or did you get the 2.5 inch universal. Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, i got it off of ebay or from www.massivemotorsports.com (company selling item on ebay). I bought it as a universal muffler and took it to midas and they installed it for 50 bucks. It added a much much deeper tone to it, every where i go, it attracts a lot of attention. At lower rpm, it has a greddy sound to it (at low rpms too) but up past 3000 it just screams like hell and it doesnt sound like no rice burner! When the shutter is all the way open it has a more ricer sound, but still not that sound that everyone hates. When you close the shutter it has a much smoother sound. It pops like crazy when you let off the gas, i love the sound of it. It was 2.5" inlet, i had to have a custom pipe bent to add it on.

Talk to you all later

·
Registered
73 Posts
i got the exact one, i should've gotten it already, stupid smurfing ups lost it on me. god damn i'm even more upset now!!!! oh well glad to see it is as good as i thought. i'm running this junk closed, my car is just too loud, that's the whole reason i got it. i'm glad to see the silencer actually works!
good luck with it
matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts