Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with OBXR suspension stuff and knows about their quailty and reliability. MY performance shop informs me that they now make coil-over sets for the 6 and are about $300CDN cheaper, which seems a little suspect to me. The guy says their quality is just as good. Anyone know anything, anything would be helpful thanks!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I actually did a lot of research into OBXR yesterday. They are exactly the same as the Ground Control Units. They have been making spring and coil-overs for a long time, lots of racing applications but mainly honda's volkswagens and nissans. The main difference between G-C's and OBXR is the spring, actually the only difference. The springs that come with the OBXR's are really good street springs but not so good for a lot of track use.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hmm

where do you get them?

this is all i need to lower my car? and they are inexpensive?

thx

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya they are $300 CDN cheaper than the G-C's around $550 I think is what I was told and what makes sense. I'm getting them through Exotic Touch in Bradford. Their number is 905-778-9274, ask for sean and tell him Patrick with the MX6 told you about the OBXR's he's ordering mine today and they're instock so you could get them real soon.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
please clarify

keep in mind, I claim to know jack and shit about car stuff, i just love my six and the fun stuff that can be done to it... so you are sayin that for 550CAD bones, i can lower my car? and thats all I need ???????????

I want to lower my car only because big tires and bodykits seem to need the lowering, so I wouldnt mind doin it first, plus it gives me time to get use to the car being lowered...

pls let me know... thx

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well if you are going to lower the car you will probably need to change the struts aswell. Performance springs are stiffer than the stock ones and the struts should be upgraded to accomodate for the springs. I've only really looked into the coil-over setup because I want the felixibility of different ride heights easily. Your best bet is to call and tell them exactly what you want to do and they can tell you your options. Personally if you've planning on upgrading the car doing suspension is a must. It makes it so much more fun to drive and will improve the looks too, so you might as well so struts and springs together. Koni, Tokico and a few others make struts, you don't need to go top end though so you should be able to get it all done at a reasonable price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts