Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where is that cable located on KL? What does it look like? Is it a wide, flat woven wire like usual or is it a puny thin "speaker wire" like on 1st Gen?

I did search and only got a vague reference to tranny area.

·
Registered
452 Posts
There are a few grounds. I know of these 3. On the 2.5 there is one sort of below the TB that attaches to the back side of the engine close to the tranny. This is a bare flat wire about 1/4 inch wide. You can see it with a flashlight.

Another from the battery negative directly to the fender side. There is a grounding bolt.

Another on the passenger side upper engine mount that goes to the fender below (in front of ) the strut mount near power steering lines ( I think). This one is about an 18 gauge wire covered in black insulation.

I installed a ground kit last month. It made the idle increase a few hundred RPM, and it seem a little quicker, so my old grounds must have been marginal.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
clutchless said:
Another on the passenger side upper engine mount that goes to the fender below (in front of ) the strut mount near power steering lines ( I think). This one is about an 18 gauge wire covered in black insulation
That is the only stock engine ground I'm aware of.

·
Registered
865 Posts
clutchless said:
I installed a ground kit last month. It made the idle increase a few hundred RPM, and it seem a little quicker, so my old grounds must have been marginal.
does it have every ground in it or just the main grounds? and did you buy it or make it? if you bought it how much?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts