Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
HUGE help, thank you. I'll pick up the new rubber and get going. I'll probably have to stick with the 40's as the roads here are pretty brutal.

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
I forgot to mention that my rim is also a 17x7 with the +40mm offset.

If the roads are brutal, the 45 profile will give you a thicker sidewall...the 40 profile will be a more harsh ride.

Don't get new rubber until you check the offset of that rim. If it's +40mm or less, you'll be okay with the 45 profile tire.

Oh crap, I just did a quick search, and it says the Mazda 6 wheel you're using is a 60mm offset: 2004 Mazda 6 Rims, 2004 Mazda 6 Wheels at OriginalWheels.com

You're going to need a 20mm+ spacer and new wheel studs to make the offset +40mm or less. Even if you can fit the wheel on there with skinnier tires, it going to look dumb because the wheels won't even be close to flush with the body, they'll be too sunk in.

I would get longer wheel studs and spacers to make this work, or sell them and get something with a lower offset.

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
this thread is awesome! Tire calculator told me everything I wanted to know about swapping to rx8 rims.... now I just need to grab the cash and hope they're still available!

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
it looks like i have to run spacers for the rx8 18 X 8 rims to fit..... the 1.3" suck in is what I'm questioning. I'm looking to run the 235/35/18 from 195/65/14

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi folks, as a little bit of (possibly) useful information, OEM wheels for the 929 will fit onto the MX-6 I just found out that I've been driving on 929 rims and they don't need spacers either. So if you like the look of any 929 OEM rims, you too can drive away on a set of them.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
21 - 40 of 50 Posts