Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some advice from here, chaged the main beam lamps. All seemed ok. Till i went out tonight, a short journey, i said to my son (6) can you smell burning? he said yeh smells like burning rubber, then he screams "theres smoke!" where i said " coming from the steering wheel" he said. It was. It was bellowing out, On inspection it seems i pinched the lamp wire when closing the headlamp case, it can in time cut through the insulation and earthed, and of course began to melt the insulation resulting in the smoke coming in through the steering colum. ive sorted it now i hope, i hope theres no permanent damage, I was dissapointed that the fuse didnt let go. So guys if you do this watch out, dont be silly like me, i thought at first i had melted the whole circut down but it seems ok now. Had to laugh.

Oh and an air filter change and injector treatment seems to habe smoothed the acceleration a bit, leads and dizzy next. Also if you ever get a door handle surround go loose on you, its a pain to sort, there a 6mm nut on the inside which on mine had worked loose and fell off, this resulted in the surround pulling out and being really annoying, prob is, the nut is almost impossible to tighten if your lucky enough to get it started as you cant get a spanner in there due to the mechanics of the catch.

Just some things i learnt today that may be usefull.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Thanks for the tip Marty - glad it wasn't anything serious...

I'll be changing my lamps after Xmas :D

Hope your son's calmed down a bit :lol:

K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts