Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just shut the fuck up and listen to me rant!

I've had the worst luck the past few days and today i get my yr12 results.

now, I'm not the brightest kid. as a young tucker i failed hard at mostly everything at school, but i couldn't complain i was happy but the effort i put in i should have gotten more

as the years went on my year7 teacher pushed me to limits. and said someday it will all click
in year 9 i started to get my shit together! started to get something for my efforts..

going through highschool i had some ups n downs but i was around a normal B mark for every subject
with a few As and C there (mainly more As)

So year 12 was gunna be hard i knew that. it was kind ahard
i tried my hardest but was only getting 13/20 my best mark was 17/20 for something.

anyways, in year 11 i did a tafe corse, GPS they said it would count as a course in year 12! sweet! i was flying though that with flying colours!

NOW! in term 2 late, they decided to tell me it wouldn't count! so i had to pick a subject that would count and that i could catch up on. funnly enough i got a 14 for it 14/20 but got scaled to 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even tho my mark was a B!
FUCKING 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got 8/20 for their fuckup!

anyways, i got scaled down a fair bit.
ended up with a total TER out of 43.5 or something!

I cant even get into uni with that!
CANT EVEN GET INTO UNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wasted 13 years of my life! of struggle after struggle! I'v failed my perents who were proud for me to be the first one of our family (extended) to go to uni I've failed them more so my self!

Im heart broken! now most will say but there are plenty of other options.
tafe etc etc
honestly, fuck you! I didn't put blood sweat and tears to fucking go to tafe!

i didn't spend all this year trying my hardest!

i was hoping around high 70s.

Oh well.... this helps to stress some of it out.

thanks for reading. sorry if i offended some of you. (if i did, go fuck your self!)

time to sleep on it i guess...

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
fkn burn. i went to tafe. :
you saying ize retardeds? that I didnt try? what the fucks wrong with going to tafe? :damnmad: :lol:
your TERD or enter or whatever only matters for 1 year. go to tafe in something similar to what you wanted to do at uni. finish that couse, and chances are you'll be able to step right into 2nd or so year of the UNI course you wanted.

good luck with it. you didnt fail your parents by the way; im sure it doesnt bother them. :):tup:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha rds

well i was going to waste a year because the course i wanted to do was 94 and i knew damn right i couldn't get that (Radiography)
Oh welllllllll! ill get over it after i rage alittle more.

Guess TAFE is the only way.. or adult reentry but i don't want to waste years of my life to do that. since ill be in uni for a good 6 years.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
dont mean to be rude, but you didnt aim a little high did you?
its like me wanting to be a doctor or something. i know itl never ever happen... even if i put in all ive got. some people are just naturally smart. :/

just aim low. you'll never be dissapointed.

·
Registered
550 Posts
work for a year... and then apply as a mature age student :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rds your right, that was my aim. my highest aim, I knew i wasn't going to get it!
so i applied for lower courses such as Psychology, Bachelor of Medical Science etc etc which are < 70 even nursing which is 54!!! i tried to cover my ass, but i even failed at that.

hmm, Ill see what TAFE offers me, i think adult reentry here is 21..

uggh I feel so much better to let off some steam..

Guess i have to 'use' another year of my life, take the hard and long road.

Do you think there is anyone i should contect to help me with my options or choices?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Don't worry bout it give it some time and you will see that yr12 isnt the end of the world. Not sure what the system is there but here you can do a general knowledge test if your results arent good enough so work for a year make more than $25000 i think it is then centrelink will class you as an independent and they will give you money to go to uni

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
i've seen a shit load of uni students get into the corses they wanted with the shittest marks. I dont know what they did but u can always try if they arent a full class they sometimes let u in i believe altho im not 100% sure as i didnt do uni

·
Registered
619 Posts
My enter wasnt high enough to get into uni, either, but i did end up going. Most of the unis offer mid year entry, all i had to do was write an essay detailing why they should let me in. I was only after a BA (majored in psychology, and criminology), which some peopel turn their nose up at, but its still enough that if i want to become a psychologist, that i can get into psych honours.

Arts courses are brilliant though, as you can do basically any unit. Its good as a general degree, or a stepping stone into the course you want.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I found tafe better for my learning style then UNI. if your a practical hands on person thats usually how you learn and while i tried very little through my tafe diploma i made it through. dont feel bad that you dont get to do psychology, everyone i know who has done it says its crap and impossible to get a job in that field.

and trust me when i say completing year 12 (well finishing school) is NOT a waste of time, personally i wouldnt hire people who havent because it shows when the going get tough the weak run and hide (and really how tuff is school?). Be happy you finished year 12! you will also find you dont need to go to uni to do many jobs you enjoy. i managed to get an apprenticeship (8 years ago now) and after working my way up i am making reasonable coin in a very comfortable job for not being a UNI graduate. (also i have no hex debt, my apprenticeship paid for all my training).

attitude is all that matters, get your foot in the door of a good company and work your way up from there if UNI is not an option.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
well I'm not going to make you feel better No.

see I'm going to make you feel a little funny.

First off - Yeah it sucks, you put the effort in and you get something you don't expect.

I did the same untill about term 2 year 11.
By then I had my Business and other enterprizes at my school working hard for me. SO I did the Rap star thing and Blew it all and really didn't think about expanding my horizons past high school.
Eg I didn't think I could sneak into Uni and Sell things there I didn't think about.
But I had the best 2 years in school ever in year 11 and 12. Now I won't go into it but as someone was talking and reminding me of my Special School bag and how I use to get well - you know thme PEOPLE as school who were always known for skipping - Being Stoned at launch or even Drunk after launch. Someone had to get them out, My school consitantly Made the News so it's got a massive 3 meter high fence around it and they did trial Metal detectors back in 1998- due ot outside school stabbings.

but I had the best time

after that I did this I did that - I did stuf that I never knew was possible didn't think I could do.

I had opotrunity to go to UNI- UTS asked if I wanted to re-do some HSC stuff - mainly english - ( I slept in class - he notice I can't spell -? LOL ) They wanted me to to some engineering stuff I dind't know

in the end found something I didnt mind in Merchanical Trade and done fitting machineing - Hydolics pneumtics - and goign for my connect reconnect licence soon. but I've also done Eomputer engineering.
I also have certificate in IT and Website desgined and management never finished the deploma- I never went to monday class due ot Week end drag racing.

Here is my thinking

Enjoy the friends you know now because by mid next year you or them will have new friends.
I see some people I went ot school with and some of them We use to hang outside school as well. Now everyone is seperate ways. Having said that. Alot in my area are still in small groups as alot of them don'ts get out much. The ethnic community is very tight.

but everyone moves on.

So enjoy it now - Take as many photo's because
People will change
life will change
Some will die
Some will move Overseas
some will get married - and trust me you will think Why or DAM she was hot.

Eitherway thats life.

ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

I did in effect nothing for 5 years after school and well I'm still doing nothing sure I have job but - As always I'm just trying to enjoy life.

Live by this and you won't have to worry.

" I WORK TO LIVE"
"I Don't Live to WORK!"

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Im doing a course at TAFE to get into Uni. - I wouldnt get in without it........ - well I doubt anyway........

Dont worry about it red, you will find something you love regardless of what way you get to it :)

-Dion

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it too much either.....

I got enough to get in to uni, to find that I hated it, and left after a year.

Ironically I ended up doing the exact same TAFE course that I would I have done if I had have got the scholarship with then OTC in year 10.....

So in effect I burned up 3 years for nothing.

now that i've been working for longer than I was at school, you realise that what school taught you was not what you thought would have been useful.

Most of the time you can easily hold down a job just by turning up to work on time and doing a reasonable job at whatever you do, you can work your way up from there.

You would be suprised just how many people cant show up to work, how many people have got the arse over the years......

·
Registered
619 Posts
psychology did suck, btw. I'm not even using my uni degree, its jsut there for show. By the time i realised how much i hated psych, it was too late o drop out, cause i'd put too much time and effort into the first two years. This time last year, while i was working as a data entry gimp, my work offered me a part time position doing graphic design.

I know it sucks for you know. Buti guess you'll realise soon enough that year12 was nowhere near as important as how the teachers made out. You just feel this way cause its all you kow....

oh and my sister, when she finished, got a sqiggle as an ENTER. That means she got under 20. Shes now doing the job shes always wanted.

·
Registered
216 Posts
get out on the concrete for a year mate, best money around for a young bloke.
my brother just got in the game 6 months ago and his on $200 clear a day already.
A couple of days out in the heat you will study alot harder next time lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts