Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
IAC is down to within 2-3 full turns of closed. The black line off the nipple under the throttle body has a line with an electronic boost gauge sensor attached to the end.

I have a feeling I am going to end up pulling the manifold again to double check everything underneath/behind it. I have not had the FMU apart but I plan on wiring up the megasquirt 2.2 board for fuel control so it will eliminate the need for it.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Damn it's been forever since I was on here. I haven't finished it unfortunately. I am 90 percent done turning the interior into a racecar and I am going to be removing the turbo setup tomorrow morning to make it NA for a while. I need to get this car driving before I can worry about diagnosing the issues that are probably caused by the turbo kit. Also I have been seriously tight on time to spend on the car but I plan on having her all finished up by spring. Maybe with the turbo back on again.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
After all of the different setups I have tried over the years, I would say forget everything else and go right for the MS, with coil packs,and 36-1 crank wheel. If you can afford the built plug and play style, get it, you wont regret it.

I got my turbo mx6 running better then it ever has.. even while it was NA, clean idle, fast starts, flawless throttle response, and this is with very limited knowledge and tuning. Just checked my plugs last weekned after putting about 600miles on, a few hundred of them at 10psi boost, and they looking like im perfect for tuning.

The FMU and AFPR setup I had was probaly the most powerful setup I had, but thats because you have no control over timing so your boosting at the most advanced timing, like 36-38deg.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good to hear man, keep us updated. I am still just being patient and waiting for a deal to come along to get a project 6 again. When I do get one, It'll be extremely slow updates as well. Will be something to do in my down time for fun. Hopefully by the time I actually get one and go to do anything, you guys will still be around for me to pester :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
wondering are you going to run the injectors with n/a. i did, couple years back trying to find little more power with ze n/a. but i didnt find any gain , maybe different luck here.?. an are you still running the vris.?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I left the millenia injectors in her for now. Not sure if there would be much gain if she doesn't need additional fuel in NA setup. I do have an AFPR which might let me tune a little power with pressure but probably not enough to make a difference.

I have read that the injectors in my 1992 929 are higher flowing than millenia s injectors though. Maybe once she is boosted again I will try a set of those in the mx6 since I have spares in the extra 929 motor I have in my garage.

The DE manifold on the car is gutted (vris removed and some inside baffles removed) which is not really ideal for NA but it should make the top end flow a little better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I know this is an ancient thread, and there hasn't been a post by Chefspot in the last 4+ years, man if you still have this car and it's in any sort of its condition like it was, I've got interest in buying it back. I'd sold it to Goatcrapp back in 04 before he turbocharged it. If there's anything left of the car, especially the K1's and the brake kit, I'm interested in turning it into an endurance car.

Again, this is a shot in the dark, but I knew that the car stayed in the community after I'd sold it...

·
SUPER SAMARAIZER
293 Posts
Think might be easier 2 find another MX6 an build from up from it....but good luck dude..did ya try an PM him

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good luck tracking it down. These are getting rare and the amount of time and money to set one up to what it was before might not be worth it.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts