Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This wrecked 91 5door GT came in to the shop not to long ago.....179k, but its a heavy smokers car. its clean outside but abused to shit inside :( BUT they want very little for the car, i might find a salvage car with clean interior and i'll have another TURBO!!!!!! haha

Should i get it?

Eric

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yes, please revive her to some of her former glory. May I suggest Febreze found at any grocery store for the smell.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
No you should sell it to me. I have a front fender for it too.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think my rents would let me get it :(

I doubt they'd let me get it, i have to sell my 1987 626 first...(i have two cars already, im 17, having 3 cars would get me thrown out of the house) also the WHOLE interior needs replacing, the carpet, the headliner, everything...door panels, dash, seats...all turned to crap because the ditz abused the crap out of the car. James, i can get a maroon fender so i wouldnt have to pay for paint :) know anybody that wants an 87 626?

Eric

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
That is such a sad sight. Makes me want to cry... :( Is there anything wrong with it mechanically? It seems to be sitting wierd (despite the fact that there's a donut on the front). Also, if the person didnt care for the interior, that means that they probably didnt care about oil changes and shit like that. Just something to think about. Someone should really smack that person in the head for letting a beautiful rare automobile like that go to waste.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Eric and I have had several discussions on the tragic nature of stupid people in (once) nice Mazdas.
When I owned his ex-'88 5-door turbo (in my sig), I REALLY wanted to fix it because the interior and most of the body was beautiful. Unfortunately the entire front subframe turned out to be bent up much more than we thought; it was pushed more than 4 inches to the right, so the rad support, fire wall, and subframe members formed an odd rhombus shape (as opposed to a rectangle.) Very sad.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anarchyx, it ran off the road, suspension damage

yeah the maroon 5door ran off the road at like 65 and into bushes...the strut is bent, ball joint popped out, and the A arm is bent...i imagine the control arm didnt fare well either....such a shame, i knew the ditz who owned it, shes a crackhead drop out. If i ever come into money, im going to buy up all the turbo mx-6 and 626's(even some non turbo's if they are cheap) and fix em up and collect them...that would be a DREAM! i already have 2 to start the collection. i talked to the owner of the 5door, they want 500 for the car, but heres the thing...the Oil light was on for over 200 miles before the wreck, turbo and engine are probably hurt bad

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts