Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Okay- this is a Probe question, but maybe you all could help me out. When I start may car, I have a quiet "buzzer" go off for about 3-4 seconds, and then quit. While running the car, it'll come on for maybe a second, then go away. If I drive the car 15 minutes, it may go off 2-3 times. What is this? It sounds like it's under the dash, like a seatbelt buzzer, but it's really wierd. The car runs fine. Any clue?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Why would the car give me diagnostic codes randomly while driving? That doesn't make any sense- doesn't the diagnostic socket need to be jumped first?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I think the cars going to blow up, but thats just me...

-meaty

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Come on down to the next NOPOC meet; we will take a look at it... along with the inside of your tranny, and a few other things... @- @- @-

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Most likely it's the ABS pump. It's supposed to prime itself when you start the car (after it's sat for a while), and it may occasionally go off while driving. But not that often, your accumulator might have a leak causing it to lose pressure. Does the ABS light come on at all?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The ABS light may not of yet come on, but if it is cycling that much it will. It will then need to be reset. The pump cycles like this becuase it is trying to get enough pressure in the lines to work properly; sounds like you need to bleed the breaks or something else is wrong with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts