Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
i bought mine because it was cheap....

installed it, and the only thing i get int eh catch can, is oil vapours...
best get one with some material inside so it catches the vapours

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
well im thinking of getting one cause i get oil in the trottle body and the turbo and the intercooler pipes....last time I opened the AFM and the boot attached to it, in the boot where the oil vapour hose comes from the valve cover, was oily...so I guess i need to get one....

·
Registered
541 Posts
buy yourself enough scotch-brite steel scourers that your folks used to use to scrub pots and pans clean... Pull them apart and loosely fill the catch can with that - it will 'filter' the vapour and give enough surface area for the vapour to hit and allow the oil particles to come out of suspension in the air.

As mentioned before - you only need it if you have blowby - which means bigger issues with you motor any way.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yeah what is blow by anyways?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
great info wuffles, thanks. I kinda understood as I was reading some parts it but will read it thoroughly again.

·
Registered
665 Posts
rolli said:
buy yourself enough scotch-brite steel scourers that your folks used to use to scrub pots and pans clean... Pull them apart and loosely fill the catch can with that - it will 'filter' the vapour and give enough surface area for the vapour to hit and allow the oil particles to come out of suspension in the air.

As mentioned before - you only need it if you have blowby - which means bigger issues with you motor any way.
sucks for guys whose catch cans cant open up heh
haev to use a can opener :p

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
how do ya empty ya can then??? mine can actually be emptied

1 - 13 of 13 Posts