Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys get an oil change, do you put any specefic type of oil in, or just whatever the place giving the oil change puts in..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I do the oil change myself, but I don't have a lot of cash so I just put in 10W-30 of whatever brand my dad buys. A lot of people on this page use Mobil 1.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Definitely use Mobil 1. It's synthetic oil and it's a lot better than regular oil. Regular oil is recommended for change every 3000 miles and synthetic about every 5000 miles. Mobil 1 seems to have the best protection against viscosity.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I change the oil myself and use mobil 1 trisynthetic. I haven't trusted Jiffy Lube since my dad took his volvo there to get an oil change. two days later he takes his car to the shop and they're like, damn you need to change your oil, and they showed it to him..it was black. Uh huh...they DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE THE ****ING OIL!

·
Registered
158 Posts
yeah, I'm not sure what chain it was, but my friend's sister brought her car to one of those places. I guess the car died very shortly after that. Apparently, there were 8 quarts of oil in the engine, cause they forgot to drain the old oil. Must have just topped it off.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oil change

I change my oil every 2000 miles, just to be safe.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i like the valvoline racing oil but i would put mobil one in too. porsche ships their cars over from germany with mobil 1 in em. but more importantly than the brand is making sure you change it on time... ill post pics of a good reason why. of course its always nice to blow your engine intentionally after youve saved up about $4500 and do a paeco stage 3!!! muhahahaha..j/k. but one thing is for sure. a cracked piston isnt pretty, especially on an MX-6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts