Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Oil coming out BOV

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Legacy 
#1 ·
Was on the freeway and decided to do a pull to see how nice the boost held with the new wastegate, was set at 1 bar (14.7psi), pulled very very nice, but about 3 seconds into the pull the car stuttered for a sec, then kept pulling, so being the cautious person I am, checked all my gauges, lights, all read fine, so I just stayed out of boost until I got home. When I got home, I noticed around my BOV, there was a nice array of oil splattered around it, and when I wiped it down, it was a decent amount. And usually I hear a bubbling noise when I shut it off (the oil in the feed line/turbo just being hot) didnt hear that anymore, but I did hear the sound consistint with your faucet when you let it drip water, it was pretty distinctive, yet there were no leaks under it, and to top it all off the car isnt smoking so that rules out the piston rings. The car is seeming to be dropping the oil at a decent rate, yet no smoke coming from it, or leaks under the car. I can only assume the turbo seals are going out, but at that it would smoke, unless its only coming out the compressor side?

:shrug:

#8 ·
Your right this is a public forum, if you don't want or can't handle replies even as jokes to your joke then maybe YOU shouldn't post.

Congratulations, you have steered this thread OT. ;)

Oh and FYI...

There is a Joke section for this shit.

But...

I do appreciate the response though, it totally helped troubleshoot my problem. :tup:

This can be closed, I can tell this thread direction is already going to turn into a storm, guess I will have to go elsewhere for help. :shrug:

#15 ·
Fixed the problem, the new PCV I just bought was broken (funny new doesnt always mean it works lol), after looking at it because it was the only thing changed recently it was snapped in 2 thus being always closed and the reason for the high crank case pressure forcing everything into the before turbo side exit.

There is still minor oil coming out of the bov (nothing like before) but that could be because I now have a bad valve stem seal in cylinder 3 due to the pcv failure earlier. (Car smokes at idle and thin smoke during load or WOT)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.