Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to the Mazda world. I just bought a 95 MX-6 Base model, 4 cly. 5 speed. I went to check some things, spark plugs, etc. and found oil in the spark plug holes, alot of it. The car hesitates at lower RPMs but up high runs fine.. Is blowing blue-ish smoke. What do I need to do?

Chris

·
Registered
737 Posts
go to your local parts store and buy a haynes or chilton repair manual along with your new gasket. go home and remove the valve cover (very easy since you have a 4cyl). read up in the manual and it will help you along. be sure to not over tighten your valve cover bolts.

i don't know an exact price but i think they're under 20 bucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok.. So i changed the valve cover gasket, plugs, wires and pcv valve. The car runs 10x better. i'm having trouble with the steering.. the pump isnt makeing noise but it is hard to turn the wheel sometimes.. usually at lower speeds. however sometimes it turns just fine. there is plenty of fluid and the belt is tight. what else can I do?

Chris

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
pump might be burning out.

there is a thread about how to rebuild one but it for the v6. i'm sure the principle is the same however.

either that or you can swap in a new pump, find one at the wreckers or something :tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts