Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been strugguling with this one for long now. there is an oil cooler, well i think its oil cooler, and im leaking oil from the oil line that conects to it. its location is under the radiator. ive tried to tighten the clamp and that solved the problem for a couple of weeks but now its back.
please help me sort this out, as this is the only oil leak ive got. evry where else not even traces of oil.
thanx

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Think of it like a shower head, sure it is scrwed on. But unless there is some sealant on the threads it will leak. Same with these fittings. Unless there is an O ring or something it will leak. There are many parts on our cars that use sealant on the threads. One that comes to mind are the caps on the power steering rack.

Teflon tape is what is used to connect plumming pipes. But there is also special stuff that you can get at your autoparts store also to seal fittings.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hhmmm..... mine does not have a thread its just a hose and a clamp

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
some times best and easiest soulitions just escape from your head, jeesh. so simple. thanx manifest for help, now i have literraly no oil leaks from NO WHERE, sweet :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts