Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from all of you expereinced people, I recently bought a 93 ls 6, and to my ever so lucky dismay have already been involved in an accident, however it was merely a fender bender with some hood damage,

anyway about 5 miles of driving after the accident my oil light came on, i have checked it about 30 times since then and i know that i havn't lost that first drop, nothing mechanical was hit, bent, moved, or anything from the wreck, just fender and hood damage, so what could be causing this, if it's any help, the oil light dims out but at no consistency, i could start the car and it would be fully bright, turn it off. Restart, and the light will be completly off for a few minutes. Sometimes it goes completly off while driving, and then at any second pops back on!! There is no correlation with my RPM's with the light either!!!

From what i have gathered this engine (2.5 v6 LS), doesnt have a common type of oil pump, so if anyone has any input, I would love to hear it!!! ,

thanks for anyone's time

-Scuba-

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I had this problem. It was caused by a faulty oil pressure sensor. After they changed it the light switch off and stayed off. To make sure I had a pressure test as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Pete, what was the cost of the replacement sensor, and do you think that the jarring from an accident could make that go bad??

also where did you take it to get a test!! ... Can i just go to a normal shop.. I short on cash right now, and i know the dealer is way to overpriced??

anyway i can check pressure myself!!!

-Scuba-

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I took it to my local mecahnic. It cost $20AU for the part.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Dude I second what silver said...You can change the sender your self ...Its a peace of p!ss ..Any car parts shop will have one and there as cheep as chips .Its located on the fire wall side of the motor, It looks like a big bolt with a wire connected to it {If you get the new one you can see what I am talking about}.You just Jack the car up, take the splash guard of, look up, and there she is, get a spanner and un bolt the old and bolt in the new..
Good luck!!
PK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts