Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i purchased an autometer oil pressure gauge, it was new...but bought it 2nd hand. Only thing i didn't get was the sending unit.

Here's the question. Since other cars have OEM oil pressure gauges....

Can i just use one of their sending units? Since autometer's units are all universal type?

I don't feel like spending an extra $30 on top of the cost of the gauge to get this going lol, but i need one since i know the KL engines are bad for bearing # 6. Also i like knowing what my oil pressure is!

1993 Mazda 626 V6

JACK.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Your better just to use the sending unit available from Autometer. The chances that another brand's sending unit sends the same voltage signal that the Autometer unit reads in order to be accurate is slim.

The sending unit is not fun to install. If you have headers, you will need a T fitting and likely a 45* fitting, as well as an adapter to go from 1/8" BSPT to 1/8" NPT. That way you keep your OEM warning light as well.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
^Yep, that's another great choice!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sorry to bump my old thread, but has anyone ever installed an oil pressure gauge on our cars? I'm looking at which sending unit to purchase for a direct fit...but i'm unsure.

here's the link to both of them

Auto Meter - summitracing.com

also i think i'm missing more than the sending unit, i don't have the fitting that connects to the gauge, does anyone know what i could use for a replacement?

the oil line has a female fitting on it, is this the end that connects to the sending unit?

thanks!

also what was it that oddball suggested? the pic is down

JACK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts