Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there! im a new to this forum would like to ask any of you about the leaking problem here for my dads daily car its a 1994 mazda mx6 automatic everything is stock the problem the engine is having a leak coming from underneath the engine after few hours of driving i can see the oil leaking from the oil pressure sending unit just right above the oil filter ...
my question is how do i go about replacing them ...any tips on how to remove the old parts? so can replace it with new . any special tool to be used and i know from what it looks underneath the engine i cant seem to have a better place or spot for my hand to do the replacement and even from underneath the intake if i take a look from the top its pretty much tight areas in there .anyone who can help me with these thank you so much in advance ...

vid :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oil Pressure sending unit issues

Hi MX, I feel your pain. This is a common problem with these sending units. There is a special socket that will help you get them in and out. I have 4cyl cars so they are under the intake above the filter. It is just a pipe thread fitting so it is not hard loosen up. Use a little pipe thread sealer on the threads of the sensor when you reinstall it. The special socket will allow you to tighten without damaging the sender. That being said you will want to invest in a spare sender to keep in the car along with the tools to change it. These things will leak thru the electrical connector on the end. I have had some last a week and some that last a year. Just keep an eye on this. It is tough area to get hands and a tool into so take your time and work it. Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts