Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a '93 4 cyl with 82k mi on it last weekend. the more i drive it the more i love it. it runs smooth and quiet as hell. pulling into my driveway i barely notice it. what benefits does mobil 1 have over normal oil besides quieting the HLA's and better cleaning ability? will it prolong the life of my engine?
thanks for answers

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
And save you a few $ on fuel bills at the same time.

F
0 Posts
well I have been using regular valvoline oil non-synethic for almost 7 years and my 94 mx-6 LS runs fine, it has 161,000 miles on the odometer. what i have noticed is how often you change your oil thats what will keep your engine clean as well as the HLA. my opinion is save some money and change your oil every 3,000 miles as well as regular maintenance and you will a long engine life.

peace

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
syntetic oil

I what to know if they have a differance with:
- mobil 1
-Quacker States (syntetic)
-and all the aothers brand with syntettics oil.

I think it<s the same what ever the brand.

Please held me and explain why if i<m not ok

N

·
0 Posts
What have I done?

Dammit Matt, do you have to rub it in?
It was a "nose pressed againt the screen door as you watch her drive away for the last time (sniff, sniff)" moment on Sunday!!
Bring her back, I miss her. I want drivatation rights!!

Anyway, I used Castrol and Wynn's engine treatment. Stuff seemed to work great.

Just checking in (out of habit) while I check out the starquest site http://www.cu-online.com/~ryddler/conquest/
They're revamping their site and I've been trying to get them to look at this site and the format for ideas.

Later,
Jim

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey jim

hey jim - i've got big plans for your baby.
this summer i'll get some rims, and i'm doing all the bolt on mods with a magnaflow exhaust. short throw shifter. i'll send ya some pics when it gets started/done.

and my first tank of gas driving home and around here i averaged 34.7 MPG! not bad. hope my mods don't hurt that too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts