Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out... gut got $500 to spend on my 6 (v6 spd) and here is should i
1.buy a new clutch because mine started to slip a little bit ($715)
or
2. buy headers, short shift, intake manifold spacers, new gauges for my pods? (still have money left over)

I know i probably need a new clutch because its really statring to go out but its $500 and what i could do with that.........

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It cost $715 for the clutch and the installation, yea i know i need a cltuch before any of that, but its just so tempting you know?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Temptation!!!! huh don't let that get the best of you. you put all that stuff on the car to do what look at it? buy a clutch so you can enjoy your car. hey check probetalk I think they are having a bulk buy on the ACT II clutch.

G

·
Why are you paying so much for a clutch, On nopi you can buy a performance clutch from clutch master and it even handles up to a 50 shot of nos. It comes with a pressure plate and everything only for $229.38 That way you can go to tranny shop, install it and with the money you saved buy some redline tranny fluid. Nice setup, trust me i got it.
I dont know what engine you got but i got the 2.0 5sp. Its a nice setup.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
install it yourself

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd get the clutch and a lightened flywheel. I wouldn't get the clutch untill you can afford the flywheel though. Unless you don't even want a lightened flywheel.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
actually you do if you do it yourself...

·
Registered
321 Posts
hey there is a bulk buy on probetalk for clutches and flywheels you may wanna check that out. I believe it is on clutchmaster kit

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Mazx6 said:
Its not happing, i don't have a place to do it
you (or any of your friends for that matter) dont have a driveway?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
ooohh..that hurts… the garage is the last thing i can suggest. as far as saving money goes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts