Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys got a 96 medition v6. Just changed from auto to manual and it was running fine but now it's like spudering between 1-and 3 thousand rpms. I haven't figured it out. It isn't the clutch we don't think cause if you punch it it's fine and if you are real low rpms its fine. I don't exactly know it rides fine but you hear stuttering in the exhaust between the rpm range i said earlier. It's really noticable though need help idea"s need to know asap thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
imo it sounds like your ignition system with out a doubt---->

spark plugs $10-15
rotor button $7
distributor cap $25
spark plug wires$50-130

if none of those fix it, they should, its probally your distributor. im not sure how much they cost for the 96 ls

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

new spark plugs put in new wires still no help at all any ideas will get disributeor cap and rotor tommorrow so does anyone have a clue almost sounds like it's flooding when you accelerate

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok

changed the distributor cap and rotor. Rotor in it was broke the metal on the inside of the rotor was stuck to the distibuter and the plastic was broke. and it was burnt at the end. Well after i replaced i am now pouring white smoke out and don't know why running even worse than before how exactly do you set the rotor could that be the problem

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
did you make sure to put the rotor button on the same dirrection as the one you took off? theres only three ways to put it on. it sounds like you forgot to plug in a wiring harmess. first one that comes to my mind would be the VAF.....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok

ok where's the vaf and second i did but the rotor that was in it was broke so what's the right position. second i still can't firgure it out i replaced the wires again it helped a little but still screwed

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
the VAF is just after the airfilter box, actaully if uve got the stock intakes, its bolted to the airfilter box.

u didnt have any idea which way the old one was on? if u put it on a different way than the old one then thats your problem. the easiest way to find out which is right would be to guess and check. try putting it on each of the three ways.... keep it which ever way runs best..... im not sure if it would even run if the rotor button was on the wrong way though. did u put the spark plug wires on in the right order?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wires in right place

and why you can't tell the old one yeah i put it in the exact spot but the old one the metal was stuck to the disty and the plastic was broke so you really never kknow

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
you can only put the rotor on one way. next time you have your rotor off, look at the post. one side is a bit longer.

i would be more inclined to help, but you told me to 'get off your nuts' about a month or so ago, so ill do just [email protected]

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
:rolleyes: yeah after you told me sorry, you told me to get off your nuts again

but whatever... um... white smoke from the tailpipe means youre burning coolant. itll be white and cloudy. hissing fron the front of the engine could be a lot of things. its a pulsating hissing or what?

arent you running N2O? im voting for a blown head gasket. i guess if its from the front, at least you blew the 'easy' one...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok

ok it was the upper radiatior hose that was hissing i guess thermostat so i am replacing the hose and stat today. Head gasket i don't think so cause no antifreeze in the oil but who knows. well I think the prob with the studder could be o2 sensors or maybe ecu seeing that i changed to a 5 speed. let me know what you think stage 36 and sorry again and thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: ok

squirt_0801 said:
Head gasket i don't think so cause no antifreeze in the oil but who knows.
head gasket doesnt always mean intermix problem. did you figure out why you had white smoke yet?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not exactly

but ran a diaonostic at auto zone free yeah. and it read the same codes as usual cause of the tranny then it read two extra that i have never seen one is p1195 man fuel / metering and two was p0140 which is o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 any clue which one that is 2.5 v6 96two o2 sensors let me know. could this have been my prob all along

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Stage36 said:
arent you running N2O? im voting for a blown head gasket. i guess if its from the front, at least you blew the 'easy' one...
y do u call it the easy one? does it blow easier than the rear? or is it just easier to fix than the rear?? i ask cause i blew my front one..... im replacing both anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts