Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed with my windows down that when i shift into gear or let the clutch out, that my car kinda makes a squealing noise. resembles the sound of screeching brakes. ive has a problem with my ebrake not letting off the brakes when i release it (i always use my ebrake). so what im thinking is that my ebrake is still slightly engaged, causing the squealing noise. anyone have any thoughts?

SolarSlash

G

·
You are most likely right about. There is a known problem with the rear calipers, after a while they fail to release. The best thing you can do is have them replaced.

also check out this page: <url>http://www.bradbury.cwc.net/probemx/index.htm</url>

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
you only hear squeaking when you move? if not, it could be a main input seal...bad...

G

·
If it only does it when you push the clutch pedal in, then my guess is that the pilot bushing has worn down and will make a noise like that. As for your brakes, I would get a can of PB blaster and work the lever arm until its loose, then spray some silicone lube on it to keep moisture out and keep it moving freely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts