Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I have never owned a Turbo charged car b4...
My latest acquisition has turbo timer in it already.. how long should I set it to run on after I stop (just a guide pls)
The turbo is standard as far as im aware and at present it has a type 2 turbosmart blow of valve .. (is that any good)and a dam big mandrel bent exhaust with high flow cat.. and a 230000 km motor..
So any other tips will be gratefully received.. im not going to squeeze any more power/boost out of it just yet it has some other more pressing issue like the abs light from time to time, and shockingly bad breaks (the peddle hits the deck) does stop thou… for now..
And I had a look in the rear steering rack the pins are all intact but still no 4WS.. so ill will have to bone up on the first gen 4ws system…and a gear box leak .. not 100% where it is coming from I suspect the drive shaft seal .. but ill have to just weight and see with that one (I just cleaned it all down) to night.. after flushing and dropping the oil .. runs much quieter now..
Any way im rambling .. so just to let you all know im going to be in this forum a bit more now and as I said B4 any input will be greatly appreciated..

thanks..

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
the car should stay running around 60sec with the turbo timer, and some of them are adjustable u get to pic the time that u want, like 60sec 3 min, and stuff.

as for the BOV, it sounds good enough

as for ABS, check your sensor, and check your master cylinder for the pedal feel, also check your reservoiar and see if its low on fluid, after u get new brakes too, think of bleeding hte whole system. csaue u dont know when what the brake fluid was changed last time.

not sure much about the 4ws, casue i dont have it on my car :p

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Panther37 said:
Bah, nevermind. You're in Australia, not Canada. I'm not sure if the chrome/black trim trick works there.
Nope, as I've mentioned before, the "black trim=turbo" thing applies ONLY to cars in the U.S. (In canada I think DX's have the black trim) I believe that 95%+ of the 1st gens in Australia were turbos as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Australian delivered first gen turbo has chrome trim, and the keys in the ignition behind the locked doors :mad:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
PeterD said:
Actually 100% of MX6's delivered to Australia were turbos.

That's all we got...

Pete
And mostly 4ws too ? That makes me insane jealous!

Most turbo timers will automatically adjust the time needed depending on how long/hard you've been driving.

I have my minimum time set to 10 seconds and if I'm boosting for a long time and I don't drive slowly though my neighbor hood to cool it down then it will go up to 1:30+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts