Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious!! I see a few MX-6's, alot of Probes but, wonder just who's found this site!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Winnipeg!!

Hey you guys in Wpg, wassup! I just bought my MX-6 about a month ago. I love it (of course). It's totally stock still, but I got no money to fix it up yet. Obviously I'm a frosh as far as this stuff goes. I'd like to see what you guys have. See ya.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude,

Zoomer, Mike B sent me this:

"keeping this short and sweet

just informing you guys of our first meet, on the weekend of march 30th - April 1st -where ganna hit the World of wheels car show, and do a bunch of other stuff
we just don't have an actual day planed yet, just want to see what day would be best for you"

He runs the Manitoba Probe Owners Club. Anyway, I have a 93 Mx-6 4-cl. I just got the stock fog lights in (looks mint)...Getting Konig Villian Rims ( http://www.konigwheels.com )
Umm.....getting the same body kit that Jorge has. http://www.geocities.com/jpmx6gt/
And, umm.....not sure what else i wanna do..but I just came across some money so, i wanna do stuff soon. Do you go to school?? Is your 6 a 6cl or 4cl? Color? Etc..where about's do you live in Winnipeg. (St.Vital, Lindenwoods,etc..)
Anyway, nice to see another winnipeger on here! Later dude,

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeehaw. World of wheels: I'm there for sure, man. I wouldn't mind meeting you guys there.
Yeah, I go 2 the UofM. You?
Mine is 6-cyl, and it's "hunter green". It looks real nice.
But it's an old car and it feels like it's not at peak operating condition. It could use a nice tune-up and a front-end alignment.
Are you planning on some performance upgrades? I have so many ideas for mine its not even funny, if only I had some cash.
By the way, I live in Ft Richmond. And you?

·
Registered
39 Posts
you live in Fort Richmond cool i live about a minute from there. on Cloutier Drive.

So you both up for the World of wheels Meet!?! It seems like we are ganna meet up on Saturday.

Well see ya, ganna get the **** off this computer it's just pissing me off (trying to figure out some java).

we'll we are starting to have alot more members now, keep your eyes peeled for more mx-6s. i'd love to see a huge crew of 10 probes and 6s hitting the streets this summer. last year our street racing crew was like 4-5probes, 1 mx-6, and a few few little imports.

actually MPOC was started by 5 of us hardcore streetracers last june.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coo! Alright well, that makes 2 people I now know from University! I met another guy while using the computers in Dafoe Computer Lab! I turned around and saw someone was on the MX-6 Website! Weird! Anyway, chatted a few times! He's got a White MX-6 ( i think....)
Anyway, World of Wheels! Coo, Hey Mike, about this Saturday. Where and when are we meeting! I'd love to go! I think that would be just wicked! Zoomer, when do you have class usually on Tuesday and where abouts do you park? The reason why is that, I wanna check out someone elses Fog Lights to see how you have positioned them! I just installed some, but, am considering putting a rubber rim around them so they fit perfectly in the holes! Anyway, get back to me!
[email protected]
I bet I have seen you driving. Just last week I "flashed" a green MX-6 with my Brights to say "hi". Could have been you! I have only seen 2 green ones in the city!
And Mike, where could i have seen your car? School,etc..??
Later,

·
Registered
39 Posts
you know what, i don't even know yet, I'll get back to you on that i'm sure i have both your numbers. i'm sure it will be the evening.

we got
-2guys from North Dakota, well 1 is for sure
-1guy from brandon
-7-9 from winnipeg if you guys show up
and a bunch of tag-alongs

i don't know were you would of seen my car. I go to work out at UofM or i have been trying.

[Edited by MIKEB on 03-19-2001 at 07:23 PM]

·
Registered
143 Posts
jdean: I have class every day, I park in U lot. By the time I get there I have to park really far.
Where do you park, and what color is yours? I'll keep an eye out for it. But tomorrow my car might not be there. I took it in last week to get a new timing belt and new drive belts (F***in expensive!!) and the morons at the shop didn't adjust one of the drive belts properly, so it makes that annoying squealing noise. :mad: I'm gonna go back there tomorrow and yell at them. Then on my way out I'll :V on their doormat. After that I'm not going back there again.
By the way, do you guys have good mechanics? I need to find someone good.
Yeah, I saw like 4 or 5 MX6's today, including another green one, and a white one with a cute girl driving. :D Hmm...

·
Registered
372 Posts
I met JDean55 in a computer lab, and have been running into a few times afterwards. I have a white mx-6 LS, I drive it to the U of M once in a while. I just hate the parking prices. Hey who's purplish-blue mx-6 LS I always parking near L lot all the time? It's a nice color for an mx-6. If you guys set up a time and place to meet, I'm up for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
jdean and zoomzoomzoom did you 2 get the last meet email???

mystere_ls hit our site,

the plan is to have 2 mini meets one on saturday, where we all head to Andrew's house shoot the shit, and caravan off to the WOW.

day 2 is at red lobster or olive garden we'll find out which one when we get there, and a cruise with alittle racing, if the weather is good.

check our BB for more details.

[Edited by MIKEB on 03-21-2001 at 10:51 PM]

·
Registered
372 Posts
hey zoomzoom, i have the same problem right now. Gotta take mine back to the shop also, cuz i think the belt kinda stretched and it's making that annoying squeaking sound around my alternator. Hey do you guys know of any place in wpg where they sell bodykits for mx-6's? If not, i guess I'll have to head down to Regina this summer, so my friends there can find something for me. I've seen 2 red mx-6's a the university, but don't know who it belongs to. Mine's the white one with a red Mazda sticker across the windshield, and I usually park in the UC lot, or the paylot near fletcher.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, I got Andrew's email. I'm there for sure on Sat am to go to the WOW. Not too sure about Sat night, not too sure about Sunday.
And, about my belt, I WAS going to take it into the garage, strangely it has stopped squealing. Huh? Can a problem spontaneously fix itself? Suspicious. I'll keep an eye on it for now.
I'd be surprised to see a place selling kits for mx-6's in Wpg. In Wpg you might be able to get a totally custom fabricated job, if you have that kind of cash.
Anyway, lates....

·
Registered
372 Posts
So how many of you guys went to the WoW last weekend? I'm just happy now that we had our last winter storm already.. now it's gonna be dry, well except for when it rains like today. I'm ready to beat up civics and other v6 competitors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
not to maney just 6 of us, and we ended up loosing each other, zoomzoomzoom was the first dude we lost :) it was so packed. i got tons of pics check out the MPOC site.

i picked up a crazy rice video for 30 bones, it's got alot of hot ass chicks (i mean hot "ASS"),tits, and racing.

if any of you Wpg boys want me to make you a copy just hook me up with a blank tape and i'll do it.

So your ready to beat up civics and other v6 competitors,

hahaha well your on motha ****er :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
From Thunder Bay - 6 hours east!

·
Registered
25 Posts
basically it's a thermostat that opens up when the engine is not that hot. It also has a more free flowing opening so that the coolant can cool the engine much quicker than a stock thermostat.
(it is actually quite cheap. $5-$10)
No real horsepower gain.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'm ganna need something like that, i just bought a 9lbs drag racing rad that's alot small, plus the intercooler sitting infront of the rad is not ganna hell the cooling.

where did you by it???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anywhere they sell thermostats.

Ask for one that opens up befor the stock one. I think it opens up at 150-160 degrees. Stock opens at 180. Don't quote me on those numbers though. I can't quite rememer. Try and find a good aftermarket one that has a wide opening.

In the winter, you will notice that your car heats up quicker, but the air that blows out of the ducts won't be as hot. (Not a big thing) My car generally heats up to operating tempuratures when sitting in the driveway in about 1.5 minutes now. befoer it took up to 4.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts