Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought nothing of it, I was just in a real hurry. I get to a light and there is a newer Audi A6 beside me. (3.0 I believe). So when the light turned I took off, like I said I was in a hurry. So this guy in the Audi is running right beside me (must be a mid-life crisis). So I floor it and merge into the other lane, he follows. We both run a light and then a while later, we hit another light. the whole time we were going about 120-130 in a 80km/h zone. I look over at him like you in a hurry too? He gives me a look like dream on kid, turns away shaking his head. So I'm like well lets see if he will go. I rev at him (btw, my exhaust is not quit making it to the muffler right now...ya its loud, needs to be fixed) So the light goes and we go. He had me off the line but I caught up before the end of 1st and pass him in 2nd, and stay about half a car in third and fourth and shutting down at 140.. I had to turn.

I have to say I'm surprised I beat him. I know very little about Audi's, all I do know is that it was an A6 and I'm very disappointed that I can beat one. Oh well.

·
Registered
658 Posts
LOL i was thinking kind of the same thing, i thought an a6 would be able to beat a v6 mx6. I know a a4 1.8t hurt me on the highway once but i do have the auto, and boy could that other guy drive. I think the guy in the audi in this story was not pushing it all the way,but i was not there, so i cant say so for sure.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I belive the top of the line (not including the RS6, which is badass) is the twin turbo 2.7 V6 (not sure how much hp) and the base motor I belive is the 3.0 V6 that's optional in the A4.

Even though those car's have a much higher hp advantage, the MX-6 weight's A LOT less, so it could/should happen.

PS: If it says RS6 and has chrome mirror's, DON'T EVEN TRY:D

Nice kill:tup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
to my knowledge a mx6 should be able to take any audi except for the non-naturally aspirated ones

·
Registered
754 Posts
My dad had a 2.8L A6. The acceleration from a stand was pretty dang bad, but it could cruise very comfortably up on the HW. My LS would kill it no matter what. Don't know how much faster the newer ones are.
As far as I know the previous model A6 comes in 3 flavors (once again excluding the RS6).

These would be the 2.8 V6 (200hp), 2.7t V6 (250hp), and the 4.2 V8 (300hp). Unfortunately I do not know much about the newest ones, so I guess my post is kinda pointless. I still think an LS should beat the newer 3.0 though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The 4 door Audi A6 probably wieghs over 3600 pounds! And with an automatic they are not geared to street race, if you raced the some of the turbocharged Audi's from a roll you would lose saddly! My car is no slouch but an S4 gave me some trouble a while back when I was pushing 207 whp with the T25. So whatever you raced prolly had a couple spark plug wires disconnected heh. I dont know what your car has greanted, but I thought the A6 was supposed to be powerful like 300 hp or something :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts