Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just basically my old headlights with hella 90mm projectors.
Getting my new rims this week too. And probably installing the pc finally. I learned alot doing all this stuff. Just makes me wish I had a garage or a basement to work in. I could have done alot more stuff with carbon fiber.

·
Registered
536 Posts
what would be really cool is to follow mazdas new thing, quad projectors. as seen from the new 6 and rx8.

btw, do you buy old headlamps to work on, so you don't have to drive around with no lights at night?

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
That looks awesome. You are the man for doing all this yourself

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
terrible1 said:
what would be really cool is to follow mazdas new thing, quad projectors. as seen from the new 6 and rx8.

btw, do you buy old headlamps to work on, so you don't have to drive around with no lights at night?
Theres actually 3 round lights there now. The corner lights are projectors too. Although im not really happy with those and will probably change them. Maybe next year. I really really wanted to make the headlights out of carbon fiber. But the material is dangerous to work with and not really suitable in an apartment. I put some of that fake carbon fibery vinyl on my dash (yeah i know but I still like the way it looks) and I think it looks great. Not to mention the fact that its much stronger. Only if I had a garage to work in. Ah well. I worked on one headlight at a time. The lights on the stock six are so crappy, it really didnt make that big of a difference.

There was a how to on these lights before but the pictures got deleted and anyway, i found a faster and better way to do them so its pretty much outdated anyway. I would do another one, but the fumes from the resins I used are really starting to affect my cat so....

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Why did you get projections?? Did you do it for the look or are you planning on getting HID's?? Projections are great but they dont really work there best unless matched with HID's

Looks great, the headlights look mean!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mx6GT91 said:
Why did you get projections?? Did you do it for the look or are you planning on getting HID's?? Projections are great but they dont really work there best unless matched with HID's

Looks great, the headlights look mean!!!!!!!
I do have HID :)

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Ohhh:p

Me too, What kit and what K (kelvin) temp do you have??

Do you have any pics of them at night?? and some close ups??

That would be great, I want to either by the S13's are convert mine to projection. My mom just got new headlights and i took her projections out of her old ones. (there VW Beetle projections)

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4300 or 4100 not sure, pretty much stock ones. All the other stuff out there is just crap. The higher the temp the less visible light there is. Yeah I have pics uh somewhere. :) Search for them. I know I posted a bunch.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Yea, I got mine for looks but they are a lot brighter than my stock headlights. Mine are 8000K:p and they look identical to the 4100-4300K in the reflective housings (Acura, Lexus) besides on the road color. My color on the road is a polar white with a blue/purple tint. It looks really nice.
When I get my S13 headlights im goin for a 4300K retrofit. I like the look of 4300K. 4100K is a little too yellow for me.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Man they look nice!!! Where do you locate in Chicago? I might stop by and check it out when I'm in the city :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts