Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah

i start my car (sounds fine, no misses or anything, runs a little higher idle since its cold but sounds fine). it runs for a few seconds, then stops. it doesn't matter if you try to give it gas to keep it running, it dies. i can start the car over and over and it starts right up no problems, so i don't think its the batt or alternator...

it's getting spark and apparently fuel for a while...my friend suggested a weak fuel pump but i can revv the motor up before it dies. the amount of time it stays running seems to be about equal (3-4 seconds).

any ideas or places to start..? i'm sorry if i could have searched this but as my post title shows i don't exactly have a more refined way of putting it than "my car doesn't stay running".

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Yeah, make sure the VAF is plugged in. Also, there is a resonator attached to the intake right underneith. Make sure it is attached securely. I just woke up, so I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
VAF meter is almost certainly unplugged. If VAF meter is not plugged in all the way the fuel pump will only run when the key is turned to START. VAF meter contains a fuel pump switch that lets the pump run when key is at ON.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts