Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my story, over the last couple of months everything that could go...HAS!! It started with a new set of tires ($400) then the rear brake calliper jamed on, so a new set of pads were needed plus work on the calliper ($150), then it was time to have the cam belt changed ($300), then the clutch decided to start slipping ($300)then I got a flat tire...the nail had gone through the wall and screwed it totaly($100) now the front brakes need replacing and something weird is happening with the steering...it's much stiffer than it use to be and when driving really slow and turning to the right I can hear a scrapeing noise. If you have any ideas on the steering issue let me know...or for advice on the other issues I'd be happy to help!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the rear caliper jamming problem should have been fixed no-charge by a dealer, because it's a defect, but as for the rest, that just sucks. As for the steering, make sure your power steering fluid level is ok, and maybe just flush and replace just to make sure. A front brake job shouldn't cost you more than 65.00 from pep boys...DO NOT LET A DEALER DO THIS JOB, they'll come up with bullshit charges like "turning the rotors" and "packing bearings" which are all standard parts of a brake job but they think you're an idiot and will pay for fancy-sounding work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm lucky in a way, my old mans an engineer...he never has time and is a bit scared of these computerized cars but he knows people that generally do things on the cheap...I never go to a dealer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i feel ur pain .... i've had the rear brakes lock up on me aswell and im also getting the steering problem.... im also getting the squeeking noise from the front wheneva i turn right, i've had it checked and they say its the steering rack, i've had a few quotes on getting it replaced for a new part and its gonna cost, $AUS4,000 ..... what a [email protected] joke.... the other alternative is to get a reconditioned part which is anywhere between $AUS300 - $AUS450.....

its pissin me off.... im thinkin of getting rid of it and getting an STi WRX....sorry fellow 6erz but its juzz to hard to get things for this car here in australia, and when u do find somthign for it, it ends up costing a heap of $$$$......

CAN U FEEL ME?!?!?!

·
Registered
283 Posts
for teh steering check for cv joints i know, because i needed my changed the boot may be tourned, also check the fluid, hope its not rackandpinion

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm. I dunno about the rest, but I feel that nobody would blame you from moving on to an sti wrx. That is one of the coolest cars made.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a problem with my car making a scraping noise when i turned right, well it was worst when it went right, it did it a little all the time. Behind my front right disk brake there is a dust guard(i think that is what it is)it was bent in and was rubbing up against the brake. it happened after my brakes were done. oh yea, i got new rear calipers, and im not sure if it fixed the problem totally, the drivers side wheel doesnt move as easy as the others, i will look at it when i have a chance, but i dunno what it could be. I have also got a new clutch, but i have brand new tires, i hope i dont get a flat or something to skrew them up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts